Removing Cast Performances from LOTR CRs

Faleel

GOOD NEWS, the CR 5.1 DVD Audio discs front channels (of FOTR atleast) seem to be free of Cast performances, so with skillfull combining of the front channels, clean bits from the rear and center channels, it should be pretty easy to obtain Shore's score in its purest form.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember hearing some attempt to remove Gandalf's singing from the Bag End track and the naked chords meant to support the singing sounded weird when left there just on their own.

On the whole I do not mind any of the singing inserted to the music on CRs except Bilbo's The Road Goes Ever On And On in Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe as it clashes a bit with Shore's score there and drowns the natural musical flow of that section.

I remember hearing some attempt to remove Gandalf's singing from the Bag End track and the naked chords meant to support the singing sounded weird when left there just on their own.

Mmmm... Naked chords...

homer.gif

And that surprised anyone?

it surprises me that somehow it sounds bag both ways.

with vocals it sounds like a dvdrip since it is part of the dialogue, not vocal accompainment to the music from recording sessions.

and without it .... it lacks something.

solution: they should have recorded those bits in the sessions.

And that surprised anyone?

Well not a surprise but some people have been whining about the inclusion of McKellen's vocals and would have preferred the pure orchestral underscore for that and all the diegetic music.

Why would I remove the voice from something that was clearly written to underpaint said voice singing a song?

With that logic, you could also remove the singer in an opera.

You realize that just now, 7 years later?.

Well, I was busy doing other things, than buying 50/70 dollar 4 Disc collectors sets.

I don't deny it, I intend to right that wrong.

that is after I purchase the Star Trek TOS set (I have FOTR now obviously)

you could also remove the singer in an opera.

I wish I could sometimes!!

On the whole I do not mind any of the singing inserted to the music on CRs except Bilbo's The Road Goes Ever On And On in Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe as it clashes a bit with Shore's score there and drowns the natural musical flow of that section.

That was my edit most likely.

and I agree, though I would love "The Houses of healing without the singing, only because I like the music underneath as well.

You realize that just now, 7 years later?.

Well, I was busy doing other things, than buying 50/70 dollar 4 Disc collectors sets.

I don't understand. You talked about the music from the CRs for years... How did you listen to it if you didn't buy it?

I bought ROTK and TTT digitally...

and watched the films..

and bought the rarites archive.

(I would hardly call 2/3 years..um...years.)

I don't mind the singing as well, I think it's an addition that makes you feel closer to the film.