BloodBoal

2 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

If you could experience the Trek, you'd know why nothing else matters.

The last 10 years on JWfan, your life here, your friends, none of that matters? 

5 hours ago, Richard said:

EVERYTHING IS BETTER THAN STAR TREK!

Rubbish.

The proposition that Star Trek is better than everything is based on empirical evidence, carefully weighing the merits of Star Trek vs. everything else in the known universe, and coming to the conclusion that it is indeed superior to all other known phenomena (though pizza came in a close second). The results of this study have been peer reviewed and published.

On the other hand, the suggestion that "Everything is better than Star Trek" is just a thoughtless internet meme that has no basis in reality or the scientific method.

So say we all.

On 10/13/2016 at 1:29 PM, Richard said:

SPACE:1999 is better than everything!

You're just making this up. Please offer proof of this assertion.

With the greatest of respect, Nick; you either offer empirical proof that Star Trek, is indeed, better than everything (including pizza) you or eat shit and die.

Anyway, how can a part of everything be better than everything. It presupposes that Star Trek exists apart from everything, ergo, it doesn't exist at all, so...:P

QED. That was easy, now to prove that black is whi- caaaaar! (thud)

24 minutes ago, Richard said:

With the greatest of respect, Nick; you either offer empirical proof that Star Trek, is indeed, better than everything (including pizza) you or eat shit and die.

As I said, the comprehensive study proving this assertion has been peer reviewed and published.

OK Richard, let's settle this now.

Name one thing that's better thank Trek and, on behalf of the entire Star Trek community here, I'll concede you're right and we can drop the "Star Trek is better than everything meme." Fair?

On 10/12/2016 at 1:07 PM, Stefancos said:

I've been to one official convention, in Boston. But that's basically because I was there for John Williams and more-or-less stumbled upon it.

Most expensive few hours you can legally have in the US....

Would you characterize the experience of attending an official Trek convention as having been an overall positive experience for you? 

On 10/17/2016 at 10:52 AM, Richard said:

Now, Nick, nobody wants a war. Why don't we shake hands, and that'll be it?

Oh, there'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!