The Official Battlestar Galactica Tribute Poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. I heart BSG

• Yes!
    • Frak yes!
    • So say we all
    • Frak no! Give me the 1978 chrome jobs
    • DS9 is still better

Next to perhaps Deep Space Nine, Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica is possibly the greatest science fiction television series ever. It had everything, well developed characters, a great story, a compelling mythology, fantastic special effects and a score perfect for the material.

While it stagnated a bit in the 3rd and 4th season, it still remained better than pretty much else on TV at the time. Every now and then I do a rewatch and never get bored...just a great fraking show.

Discuss how great Galactica is herein. 

The first 2 seasons were consistently good to great. The other 2... not so much. Fantastic music by Bear though!

No DS9, no Galactica for sure. Galactica had the advantage of DS9 coming first.

But the last four seasons DS9 was consistently good and some of the greatest TV ever. Galactica peaked in in season 2, and after the early part of season 3 never quite regained its mojo...though it was still among the best things on, then and now.

I watched the whole series twice and found it mostly consistently good. There's a few weak spots here and there, which is not surprising since the show shifted its game every once in a while (e.g. planet bound for a couple of eps). And I have no complaints about the finale.

The Plan was perhaps not necessary, but nice enough for what it is, and quite cleverly done. Blood & Chrome on the other hand probably ranks among the worst, and worst-made, things I've seen.

• 3 months later...

One of my favorite shows of the 2000s!  I don't really think the show dropped off too much in the 3rd and 4th season either.... sure, it hit some new lows, but it hit some new highs as well, and overall I think of the show as one long story that had a satisfying ending.  The music got better and better as it went, too!

On 5/20/2017 at 3:37 PM, Stefancos said:

We have a thread for this, i'm sure Jason will conjure it up.

Stefan, please leave the moderating to the moderators.  This thread includes a poll, and of course all polls have to be new threads.