Star Wars and Opening Doors

I've noticed an interesting pattern (even though it's really completely coincidental and random). Sometimes I'll step out of the room and leave my computer playing music on my playlist (which is about 10% Star Wars) and whenever I come back in, my entrance is scored.

One time I came in, "Emperor's Throne Room" was playing and it was playing the Imperial March motif from 0:14. So it made me out to be the big DV himself. Then just now, when I opened the door, the orchestra burst at 0:49 in "Attacking a Star Destroyer" went off. So that made for a more dramatic entrance than usual (even though that kind of thing's becoming usual.)

I try to cue music up like this all the time, but what's weird is when it naturally cues up.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, these things happen to me as well. I always have my DiscMan on when I drive to school on my bike, and it has happened more than once that I arrive at school, look up to that tall building, and hear the Death Star motif from ANH. Wicked!

- Marc, who doesn't like to go to school. :roll:

I have oh so many stories about that, only its not only getting to places, it's things that are happeneing. For example the other day I was listening to "Anakin's Confession" and they were describing the horrors of war on the radio while i was in the car. It went perfectly.

It happens all the time when I'm driving. It makes the music more exciting.

Jeff -- who is a maniac on the highway when he listens to "Hyperspace" from ESB, "Chase Through Coruscant" from AOTC, "The Killer's Storm" from The Omen and "Anderton's Great Escape" from Minority Report

"Anakin's Confession"??? How can you listen to that, Edag88 (since it is not officially released)?? Do you have a rip of it??

--Pelzter.

"Anakin's Confession"??? How can you listen to that, Edag88 (since it is not officially released)?? Do you have a rip of it??

He got it from me.

Oops, I forgot I'm not logged in as Weebo. Nevermind. :(

Neil

--Pelzter.

Maybe he just recorded that segment of the movie.I was told ripping the rear channels doesn't amount to much more.

K.M.

It happens to me when I'm driving all of the time. I turn down a different street, and the music changes. Sometimes it is perfectly mooded (word?), and sometimes it's just the timeing, but it happens more and more. I like it.

~Conor

Star Wars and Opening Doors

LOL. I tell you what would be good. Call a Taxi. Then walk out of the building to the "All the Power" cue (the ending of the film) from Damien Omen 2. How cool would that be :sleepy: . Something like this happened the other day actually and a relative picked it up. We had some music on in the car and turned the engine off as i parked. My mother said "Hey....that music finished exactly when you'd turned the engine off". I've forgotten what it was i was playing now. I think it was one of Mozart's Piano Sonatas or something, as i play those a lot in the car. Btw, the stereo continues to play when the ignition is turned off (just incase some of you were about to post a smart ass reply along the lines of "Because you turned the engine off?"). lol.

I often find that some music can influence my driving in (how shall we say) dubious ways. I get carried away by music anyway. I find it very hard to remained unmoved by stirring music. So putting on "Arthurs farewell" from First Knight is very influencial to driving. It breeds an almost "Get out of my way infernal infidel :mrgreen: " LOL attitude with all those orchestral booms and heavy agressive Latin chorals..lol. It certainly makes me drive dramatically but never stupidly. It just gets my adrenaline flowing :oops: . Other detrimental influences while driving are things like Battle of the Mounds from Basil's Conan the Barbarian. A "classical" example of one which stirs me far too much while driving is : Tannhauser Overture and the entire Vensuberg music by Wagner. Must be something to do with big Choral music that gets me going.

One of my favorite moments comes when I'm riding my bike home from work and "Adventure on Earth" cues up. It gives me just the pick-up I need after a long day.

Anthony - who has music playing almost constantly, and gets these moments quite frequently