The Maestro knows best!!! (Williams and baseball)

Our main man Ricardo posted from an article of the Boston Globe that our Johnny boy is a big fan of the king of sports! Check it out:

Williams arrives in Boston

==============================================

This reminds of something I've wanted to post for quite a while now, Williams needs to do a baseball movie. What better than the one of the most talented composer, with the greatest game there is.

==============================================

Well, I now know he's in our good side... Yankees suck!!!!

GO PADRES!!! :music:

:lsvader: Williams Celebration 2000

Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles

John Williams

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed he knows best. His interest veered towards the Red Sox.

-Ross, the biggest Red Sox fan in this side of the lake -- possibly.

I live in Baltimore and I'm a Red Sox fan. I like the O's too, but I love the Sox.

Jeff - Who has been to Boston twice (both times to see JW) but has never been to a Sox home game. :cry:

The last one I went to was the one where they played the Texas Rangers on Aug. 21. It was one of the very few they won last year, so I felt especial.

Jeff, I don't really pity you. You've seen JW! I would trade a JW concert for Fenway anytime. I must be only Boston citizen that hasn't seen JW.

The last one I went to was the one where they played the Texas Rangers on Aug. 21. It was one of the very few they won last year, so I felt especial.

Jeff, I don't really pity you. You've seen JW! I would trade a JW concert for Fenway anytime. I must be only Boston citizen that hasn't seen JW.

!!!

You live in Boston and you haven't seen JW conduct??? If Williams were conductor of my local orchestra I'd try to see him at every performance, or at least several times a year!

What are you waiting for! Tix are on sale now!

Jeff :)

You live in Boston and you haven't seen JW conduct???  

He lives on the other side of the Atlantic, he doesn't or didn't live in Boston anymore.

There's always next year.

Right...

Stefancos- who does not even know what kinda sport the Lakers do.

So Steef, that means you've never paid attention the 1980 classic comedy, Airplane!.

"I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, you play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers."

Neil

Baseball movies.... is there a more boring thing in the word? And the music would of course be boring fanfares an Americana.. nooo thanks:)

Note to self: Make a good, exciting baseball movie someday.

Joe is right, Jeff. I no longer live in Boston for inconsequential reasons. But someday, oh someday I'll be back. And John Williams better keep himself in shape until I do.

-Ross, who'll probably never see John Williams conduct live.

There's always next year.  

Right...  

words spoken by the vast majority of sports fan.

Didn't know you had it in you Stefan

Why?

Ted, who hates the Maple Leafs

Hate the Maple Leafs? why? I started cheering for them when Mats Sundin came there. He started playing hockey in my hometown :) I'll be seeing them this fall when they'll have their training camp in Stockholm :)

He threw out the first pitch! That's absolutely amazing!

Yes that is sooo cool. bowdown.

K.M.Who thinks recent Williams Olympic Order Award is equally cool.

There's a reason episode 4 (the original Star Wars) is subtitled A New Hope--it's because episodes 1 - 3 are hopelessly bad.

Were you the first person to say this Stefan?

This sounds like something I would say!

I am angry I didn't think of it first. bowdown

Wow! I did not understand when you guys were talking about the ceremonial first pitch, I just read the news our main man Ricard posted on the main page. That is sooo cool. Well, since the Padres are now officially the worst team in baseball :cry:, I hope the Red Sox make it to the playoffs and have Williams back :)

BTW, what happened to the arrangement Williams was doing that never actually performed

bowdown Haydn Trumpet Concerto in E Flat

Wynton Marsalis, trumpet

The Boston Pops Orchestra

John Williams

Baseball movies.... is there a more boring thing in the word? And the music would of course be boring fanfares an Americana.. nooo thanks:)

In every genre there's boring stuff, exciting stuff, funny stuff.

And besides, he made that crappy The Patriot movie. Anything else would be an improvement.

bowdown Williams The Raiders March

The Boston Pops Orchestra

John Williams

"Boyo" is boy, example:

Our main man Ricardo, get it.

In fact, your boyo Jar Jar Binks said it in your favorite movie when he saw the little droids where among them was R2D2:

"Hello boyos!"

Hector - who doens't have anything against Ricard

I just read the news your boyo Ricardo posted on the main page.

Hector, please remember the first rule of this message board:

01 - Personal attacks or offensive language will not be allowed. Please be RESPECTFUL of one another, allow for differences in opinions, and please don't make anyone feel that they cannot post their views in this forum.

His name is Ricard, and this is the second time I've seen you refer to him in this manner. Somehow I don't think you are doing this out of respect. If you have problems with this board, please lets talk about it openly.

Neil

Absolutely Neil, I'm not being unrespectful. He's the boss and he's work on this site is a lot of work and I respect that. The rest is just difference of opinion

Again why do I have to explain this over and over again, don't you guys remember your "main man" Jar Jar?

Dog gone it!!!

I love that pic of JW on the front page. What a great thing to do.

Everybody jokes about the Red Sox up here, "they have a good team, they aren't consistent though, if they start the season great - they'll end up sucking and vice versa"

it was a funny thought for a moment, but then you had to think - a BLACK. . .TURTLENECK. . . .in MAY?????

You know, now that i see the picture, i realised I HAVE A CAP LIKE THAT ONE! :)

Luke, who has also a San Fracisco's 49ers sweater, GL team of choice without knowing too...

Anyway, do you realise that Williams is dressing different?

Well, looking better, he has the goose neck sweater below the sportive outfit....

Did he conduct something in the event right? That way it would make sense.

Luke 2, who does not picture an orchetra director working in trainwear....

LOL

that's a funny comment - good looking there luke.

I just wished I could have seen it on tv. Or known about it before hand.

Err, you don't like Amercana? Are you quite sane?.

Morn - Who'd find a wall of paint drying more entertaining than baseball