What happen's With 'Bounty Hunter's pursuit'

I can't find the cut or whatever happens in the 'asteroid field' scene in AOC. The score has the same music thatn the movie. The sismic charges do not cut anything. The end of the cue (trade fed and all) i know it is scoring the Kamino cloning facilities but i cant find what you said Ben Burtt destroyed becasue he wanted his SFX there...

Luke, who doesn't know if the cue in the OST is shortened though...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Burtt just confinced Lucas not to have any music until the missile was fired, so the seismic charges would have a better effect. No music was written, or cut, as far as I know, for that bit of the chase.

- Marc

I hated how that friggin scene had no score over most of it.

How the hell are you supposed to have a thrilling SW chase sequence without John Williams' music giving it life? :)

I hated how that friggin scene had no score over most of it.  

How the hell are you supposed to have a thrilling SW chase sequence without John Williams' music giving it life?  :)

But tell me, what would the effect of the seismic charges be like if the scene had music? It would be completely lost. And if Williams had written the music around those "acoustic holes" it would seem awkwardly cartoonish.

I have no problem with that part having no music... but cutting the music out of the arena scene, that was herecy.

I said that somewhere,but not that the music was "cut out",but that Burtt's "favourite" scenes to work on is when there is no plan to have dialogue or music in them so he can show off the sound effects.I assume since he has a lot of power in most decisions for sound editing and mixing he might arrange for this to happen as often as he can or make sure the music is as low as possible,or re-edit the music to the sound effects.

In AotC that refers to the part when the siesmic charges go off.

K.M.Who thinks that might be the reason the pod race is mostly unscored too.

I have no problem with the pod race being without music, actually. I think it's one of the (few) highpoints in Ep. 1. But just because it worked for this sequence, it doesn't mean it will work everywhere. Shame on Mr. Burtt. :)

I have no problem with that part having no music... but cutting the music out of the arena scene, that was herecy.

It's very sad when a message board poster knows how to improve a movie better than the actual director.

-Ross, who agrees with Chris.

It's very sad when a message board poster knows how to improve a movie better than the actual director.

but not surprising when that director is George Lucas! :)

And the percussion sounds that ended up in the Dooku duel and arena scene are Burrt's creation,who decided to conjure up "sound effects made up from traditionnal musical instruments" or whatever(isn't that music and Wiliams job?

I thought it was a weird choice. Was it really Burt that did that?

it's somewhere on one of the sound documentary on the AotC DVD bonus disk,Burrt sort of explains that.

K.M.