Star Trek Nemesis soundtrack question

stewdog1

I haven't heard anything, but is there an expanded or complete version of this score yet?

The CD is ok, but it is painfully missing some very nice cues.

thanks,

dave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not much info about one yet. There are rumors of course. I'm sure Steef will mention something if it pops up. Right? ;)

Justin

Yes, it does exist. Complete. There is a 2CD version and a 1CD version which is the 2CD version with about a minute and a half of dead air edited out os it would fit onto one CD eqauling 80:35.

01. Remus 02:00

02. The Box 02:23

03. My Right Arm 01:03

04. Enterprise Flyover 00:33

05. Catching a Positron Signal 01:26

06. The Argo 01:18

07. Odds and Ends 04:36

08. Assembling B-4 01:01

09. To Romulas 01:08

10. Repairs 06:26

11. The Knife 03:07

12. Shinzon and the Senate 00:28

13. Donatra and Shinzon 01:28

14. The Dilithium Mines of Remus 01:31

15. Ideals 02:14

16. "We Are Wasting Time" 00:56

17. Shinzon's Violation 00:53

18. B-4 Beams to the Scimitar 00:46

19. Capturing Picard 01:24

20. The Mirror 05:27

22. The Scorpion 02:22

23. The Senate Changes Attitude 01:03

24. De-Activating B-4 01:39

25. Preparing for Battle 02:41

26. The Battle Begins 02:22

27. Meeting in the Ready Room 00:21

28. "Our True Nature" 01:31

29. Team Work 02:48

30. Lateral Run 03:53

31. Ricker vs. Viceroy 00:22

32. Engage 02:10

33. Riker's Victory 01:42

34. The Thalaron Matrix 02:56

35. Final Flight 03:46

36. "Good-Bye!" 00:56

37. A New Friend 02:35

38. Remembering Data/The Enterprise 00:52

39. "It's Been an Honor" 00:36

40. A New Ending 06:19

Who do I have to censored to get that boot? And what is the source of this boot?

I too would like to know how to get my hands on this version, I'd even be willing to pay for the copy. If you can help me out man I'd sure appricate it, thanks in advance.

Trent who loves the Star Trek Nemesis music.

Actually after examining this and the version that I have (ie: looking at the track lengths) they appear to be the same one except this one here listed just has the tracks named differently. And the only thing I'm disappointed about this complete ablum is that it's not really complete....there's like only two cues that were left out of the score....the part where Shinzon was telling Picard about him being taken to the dilithium mines of Remus when he was young, and the part where Soran and Shinzon were arguing about Shinzon delaying, and waisting time for attacking the federation.

Trent

Edit: BTW Here's the track listings for the version I have. Same one as listed here but the tracks were renamed to corrispond with the film.

CD 1

01- Remus (2:00)

02- The Box (2:23)

03- My Right Arm (1:03)

04- Enterprise-E Flyover (0:33)

05- Positronic Signal (1:26)

06- The Argo (1:18)

07- Odds And Ends (4:36)

08- Brothers (1:01)

09- To Romulas (1:08)

10- Memory Transfer - Arrival At Romulas (6:26)

11- The Knife (3:07)

12- Alliegance (0:28)

13- Shinzon And Donatara (1:28)

14- Shinzon's Story (1:31)

15- Ideals (2:14)

16- "We're Waisting Time" (0:56)

17- Violation (0:53)

18- B-4 Beams To The Scimitar (0:46)

19- Abduction (1:24)

CD 2

01- The Mirror (5:27)

02- The Scorpion (2:24)

03- Sins (1:03)

04- Deactivation (1:39)

05- Battle Stations (2:41)

06- Evasive Maneuvers (2:22)

07- The Hologram (0:21)

08- "Our True Nature" (1:31)

09- Let's Get To Work (2:48)

10- Lateral Run (3:53)

11- Hull Breach (0:22)

12- Engage (2:10)

13- Full Reverse (1:30)

14- "Deploy The Weapon" (2:56)

15- Final Flight (3:46)

16- A Sacrifice (0:56)

17- A New Friend (2:35)

18- Remembering Data - Returning Home (0:52)

19- "It's Been An Honor" (0:36)

20- A New Ending (6:08)

• 2 weeks later...

Do your versions also have quiet sound? I had to turn up the volume 10db loauder than usual...

I know that the sound-quality suffers under low volume as the noise-distance is much more closer and the sample resolution is lower meaning that the amplitude of a sampled wave has fewer values to choose from and that generally results in a louder background-noise as you probably can imagine...

Anyone with a perfect sounding version??

Regards

Markuz

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have the 1 CD bootleg version, but no coverart to match here are the ones I just created.

nemesis_front_cover_smaller.jpg

nemesis_back_cover_smaller.jpg

More of my coverart can be found online at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scorecovers/

Here endeth the public service message, I now return you to your regular scheduled message.

Stefancos- :)

Nice artwork, but why is Picard wearing a TV series uniform (and don't tell me because he's wearing it on the DVD artwork)?

Neil

I designed another coverart (only backcover) for the 1CD version with the silence edited out. I think it's far more nice than Stef's art :sigh:;):D

http://markus1986.tripod.com/Nemesis1CDBackcover.jpg or if t does not work:

http://markus1986.tripod.com/Nemesis1CDBackcover.abc and rename to .jpg

Best Regards

Markuz

ok so anyway. are you all saying that the super long version is just boot? or is it actually available in a store. Because if i'm going to shed the dough, i want the long one.

The 80 minute version is indeed a bootleg, and therefore not available in your local Target or Best Buy.

Because if i'm going to shed the dough, i want the long one.

Don't worry, you will be getting my long one pretty soon, and it will not cost you anything.

Stefancos- who knows people are gonna misunderstand this...

Ok, so what is the deal with the end titles of this one? It has a quieter version of Blue Skies on piano and then breaks immediately into the Star Trek theme, TMP theme, then the Nemesis theme followed by TMP.

The OST has Blue Skies on piano but then the pulsing beat for when Picard is walking down the hallway and the final credits.

The movie begins like the OST, but has Final Flight instead of the Nemesis theme.

Which is the original one? What version is the bootleg from?

Good question.

I would bet that the version on the OST is the "official", since the start of it was actually used in the film.

The bootleg version was possible ment for the films original ending, which can be found on the DVD. (please note that the Nemesis theme here sounds like a different performance then the one on the OST, i'm guessing the TMP theme is the same performance but i'n not sure)

The film version is just a horrible edit of Final Flight and the OST End Credits.

I would not have minded it if they would have tagged Final Flight in front or after the Nemesis Theme, but i HATE the fact that the repeat the final part of the TMP theme, go to another piece of music, and restate the final TMP theme AGAIN.

Somebody really screwed up here.

Stefancos- who is not sure which version of the End Credits he prefers.

Stefan,

I think that the TMP theme from the bootleg is a more lively recording than on the OST. It could be my ears playing tricks on me though.

I just did a quick comparison with a wave editor, playing both cues at the same time, it does seem to be a different recording, slightly faster, a bit more lively, but i think the bootleg version of The Nemesis theme is inferiour to the OST version.

I might have edit myself a new version using the bootleg TMP theme and the OST Nemesis Theme.

BTW, what is up with the Nemesis Theme in the End Credits, the cue is completely different from the rest of the score, which is very dark and subdued. I LOVE this new lyrical theme Goldsmith mixes with the deliberatly simplistic Nemesis theme.

Wonder why he did not use it in the film.

Stefancos- who now thinks the Nemesis OST does no justice to the full score at all.

I believe the Nemesis theme heard in the end credits was the original theme for the opening credits, but Stuart Baird took that out for the beginning you see today. I do think that theme was used, but was not fully fleshed out.

Stewdog - who thinks the NEM soundtrack could be the best since TFF.

Hmmm...then the opening would have to be completely different indeed.

But somehow that cue does not feel like typical Goldsmith Main Title music.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Stefancos- who thinks Nemesis improves with each listening.

Why did they leave the film version out for the Dilithium Mines of Remus? Where Shinzon tells Picard how he ended up in the Dilithium Mines? I always liked the film version better than the one that's provided on this bootleg...it sounds more darker and has a bit more up-beat to it.

Trent

They probably had no access to it, or whoever made this boot preferred it.

Supposedly there is a 2 CD SACD promo of this score in existance, hopefully somebody will be able to record it on regular CDr, so we will be able to hear some of the alternate and unused music.

Stefancos- hoping for that day.

I agree the film version of the Mines of Remus is a great performance of the theme. One of the highlights of unreleased material it's too bad it's not on the boot. I also want to mention how incredible the sound is. It's like OST material this was obviously no DVD rip.

Justin -Wondering where this boot originated and how it was made...

Some people who worked on the film and possibly with the music with Jerry Goldsmith might have gotten a copy of the entire music before it was mixed into the movie and put it out on the net....and I dont understandy they never released a complete bootleg for Star Trek II, III, IV, V and Generations....there's DVD/OST mixes of those ....but why not a bootleg for the others? I don't get it...

Trent

The sound mixes for those DVD's came from the 70mm 6 track mixes and the individual elements (music, dialogue and effects) were not used for these DVD's.

Neil

Ah okay makes sense now....but still I wish they'd come out with complete bootlegs to those ones.....and Generations I know they could have come out with a complete bootleg to that one...there was alot of good music that was left out...

trent