Indy DVDs: Music Featurette

TheDigitalBits' Rumor Mill has details on what kind of extras the Indy DVDs will probably contain:

So you wanna know the details about the documentaries on the Indiana Jones bonus disc? The British Board of Film Classification's revealed them. All such materials have to be submitted to the BBFC in order for them to be released in the U.K., and the BBFC makes the details public. So here's what to look for on Indy according to them.

The Making of the Indiana Jones Trilogy - Part 1: Raiders of the Lost Ark (51 mins)

The Making of the Indiana Jones Trilogy - Part 2: The Temple of Doom (41 mins)

The Making of the Indiana Jones Trilogy - Part 3: The Last Crusade (35 mins)

The Stunts of Indiana Jones (11 mins)

The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones (12 mins)

The Music of Indiana Jones (12 mins)

Keep in mind that none of these details have been confirmed by Paramount and Lucasfilm, but we suspect they're accurate nonetheless.

Marian - :spiny:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Souds great! Better than I expected (After Paramont's disappointing Godfather release).

Longest Williams featurette to date- always a good thing. :spiny:

Longest Williams featurette to date

E.T.'s was overal longer: the music featurette plus the L.A. premiere (plus the concert iso track).

Moreover, for Indy, they are 12 minutes for 3 films.

Quite disappointing.

s-hands, who wanted 12 minutes for each film, rather than a general viewpoint for the whole saga

Moreover, for Indy, they are 12 minutes for 3 films.

Quite disappointing.

s-hands, who wanted 12 minutes for each film, rather than a general viewpoint for the whole saga

E.T.'s documentaries were exceptionnal. They were a blessing for all JW fan. But we can expect this to come back again.

I'm thrilled by the 12 minutes of the music featurette on the DVD. :spiny:

Unless the featurette includes archive footage of JW recording the score, I'm not terribly thrilled about it. Spielberg will praise Williams, Williams will give vague descriptions of the score which we are all intimately familiar with. When doing these featurettes, I wish they would let somebody like Lukas Kendall interview Spielberg or Williams. He would ask some heavier questions.

As long as we have some archive footage of Williams conducting the LSO at Denham/Abbey Rd. then i'll be happy! :spiny:

I remember the 'Raiders' doc being very good, with plenty of on set b-roll and location footage as opposed to the modern day EPK same old thing stuff! Haven't seen Temple or Last Crusade's featurette's though, anyone know what they are like? Any Williams content?

A retrospective doc will hopefully be thrown in for good measure! We have certainly waited long enough!!!!

-Tim.

"heavier" question of the Indy scores? There ain't much anything that would be a difficult question there, I guess. Perhaps some reasonning on the gothic darkness in Temple of Doom and those chants, it's the only thing that could be interesting. Unless the "Why the F*** isn't there expanded release of the last two movies?" :)