The piece of music you associate with outer space / space travel the most

Fabulin

12 hours ago, eitam said:

For the real-life, thrilling aspect of the space race, those two tracks from First Man are prime candidates:

Really one of the finest scores in recent years. 

I love Then Landing but it is a love theme - not even remotely a space theme. It is very floridly romantic. Just because it is in a space movie doesn't make it a space theme.

2 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I love Then Landing but it is a love theme - not even remotely a space theme. It is very floridly romantic. Just because it is in a space movie doesn't make it a space theme.

Interesting, I didn't think of it as a love theme, merely the main theme getting a (sort of) triumphant statement in this cue. Elsewhere in the score it leans more toward feelings of melancoly and loneliness, especially when played on the theremin, which serves to illustrate both the concept of space and Neil's grief for his daughter. Or that's my take on it. 

5 hours ago, eitam said:

Interesting, I didn't think of it as a love theme, merely the main theme getting a (sort of) triumphant statement in this cue. Elsewhere in the score it leans more toward feelings of melancoly and loneliness, especially when played on the theremin, which serves to illustrate both the concept of space and Neil's grief for his daughter. Or that's my take on it. 

Oh yes, it is not actually a love theme but it sounds like one. That's what I meant. If you played that theme and asked someone to guess what it was, they'd say probably an epic love story.