Star Trek Strange New Worlds (TV Discussion)

Andy

3 hours ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

My mind is playing tricks on me (and my mom, as we looked at each other confused)

Maybe you heard “Why didn’t you tell him?” as “Why didn’t you tell me?”

But earlier than this moment, Kirk clearly not only knows he has a son, but also knows his name:

Yavar

That was wonderful. I'm honestly overwhelmed. I'm not sure how it would have hit me if I hadn't been listening to the album for the last week. As it is my brain was freed up from understanding the music to getting everything else in the show.

I didn't think it could live up to my expectations but I think it did.

@Gabriel Bezerra I kept this a secret from my wife as well. And she loved it.

On 07/08/2023 at 7:03 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Since I watched it dubbed, I went back to check how exactly this sentence was translated, and it's basically "why didn't you tell?/Porque não contou?", because of the limitations of his mouth they probably couldn't fit a "him/pra ele", so there's that, but we really missed/forgot the "Is that David?".

17 hours ago, Tallguy said:

That was wonderful. I'm honestly overwhelmed. I'm not sure how it would have hit me if I hadn't been listening to the album for the last week. As it is my brain was freed up from understanding the music to getting everything else in the show.

I didn't think it could live up to my expectations but I think it did.

After the fact I realised that I was probably overwhelmed. I couldn't really enjoy the music itself while watching it (weirdly I paid more attention to the score), but after I listened to the album a couple of times the songs really grew on me, I have Status Report on my mind all day... so peculiar.