Similar Scores

JTN

What are scores that could work for another film that it was written to?

I’m listening to JNH’s TREASURE PLANET and imho it could work fine for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. 

Are there other examples where a score sounds similar to another and could be exchanged with it and probably nobody would notice? (And I’m not talking about James Horner’s work, hehe.)

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Here's a thread where people put a score from one film into another film

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28224-lets-rescore-scenes-fun-thread/

That’s for scenes, not for entire films.

Also, I’m not saying that we rescore scenes or films, but if others have examples where, in their opinion, a score could work perfectly for another film. 

Listening to Star Trek III and Horner so obviously reused some of it in Aliens. 
I can’t help but wonder that while he was doing it, was he thinking that nobody would notice? Did he think the audience was so dumb or that they wouldn’t care? I mean James Cameron clearly didn’t notice it or didn’t care. :) 

But Horner must’ve known that people would notice the similarities of ST3 and Aliens. 

I was a big fan of Horner's Aliens. But in the meantime after getting to know some other Horner scores, I think there is hardly anything in the Aliens score, any motif, any chord progression, any theme, that Horner hadn't used already anywhere else. Aliens is like entirely patched together from other Horner scores.