Hi everyone, I am a fan from China and I would like to know if John Williams would consider coming to China to perform like he did in Berlin, Vienna, Tokyo. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think it's possible

Hi everyone, I am a fan from China and I would like to know if John Williams would consider coming to China to perform like he did in Berlin, Vienna, Tokyo. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think it's possible

I think your best chance at seeing John Williams live in concert was to fly to Japan for his last concert there. If he was going to perform in China he would have done so on the same trip that took him to Japan.

I live in Beijing, and I am a huge Williams fan. As much as I would like him to come, I would highly doubt it. There used to be big A list people coming pre-covid, and it is SLIGHTLY coming back (Anne Sophie Mutter was in Shanghai/Beijing over the weekend and Daniel Barenboim will come with the Eastern Divan in June). But it is very difficult to have a concert put on here, and or invited like Williams. The National Performing Arts Center releases tickets literally a week before major performances, with some getting booked or at least listed at the last moment, and many concert were cancelled or the artist did not show up and was replaced. Unless something changes (which I hope it will), I most sadly say, that I think it is highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, artguy360 said:

I think your best chance at seeing John Williams live in concert was to fly to Japan for his last concert there. If he was going to perform in China he would have done so on the same trip that took him to Japan.

That is like saying he would have performed in Moscow while in Milan, meaning distance only. Japan and China look close together but Tokyo is an additional 6 or 7 hour flight to Beijing, or maybe even more to Shanghai. The flight from Beijing to LA is 12 or more hours depending on weather. That, and China can be very tedious to organize things like I mentioned.

Sorry, guys, but JW first has to come to Budapest, then he can go to Beijing or Sydney or Bangkok for all I care.