A More Intelligent List

A24

Hey, I've posted this before Andreas' accident but it was gone. Here it is again.

Like I said, this poll makes a lot more sense then the results of those awful massive radio polls. Not that it's perfect, of course.

http://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/or...50563193280.xml

:) Wow, look at my number of posts. :devil: (edit: 666)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again, this list is rediculous.

Alien, and Blade Runner are not the two best SF films, they arn't even in the top 10, and Blade Runner is overrated beyond belief.

I can think of alot of adjectives to describe BR, and most are not complimentary. I may be almost alone, but I know that I at least have Ricard in my corner on this film.

I think I'd have to say 2001 takes the best for me. For some reason, I feel like if you're going to judge art, you need to judge its artistic merit. Therefore, 2001 is the most artistic SF film there is. Maybe not so much ever since then, but it probably definitely opened the door to stuff like BR and Alien. They aren't your typical popcorn-SF flick like Star Wars or BTTF or Star Trek. (Even though 2001 could be considered that just because of its special effects, even though the movie isn't built arounnd them).

this list is rediculous.  

I may be almost alone.

If you are almost alone to think BR, Alien are so shamelessly overrated, then why is the list rediculous? Don't answer that, I will answer it for you. You think every list that doesn't match yours is rediculous.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Alex, I never said Alien was overrated, you read thing into what I said. Overrated belongs only to BR, but the list is rediculious, because it rates Matrix higher that 2001. Palease

Okay, the list has its flaws. But I've seen The Matrix three times now and still enjoyed it very much, unlike most movies which I can't bear watching more than 2 times. And, what's important, it probably IS a classic. It has raised the bar and, like classics tend to do, it sets new standards of excellence. New standards that will and are already copied by many, many others. Sorry for "the others" but The Matrix was first. It's doing just what Star Wars did back in 1977. Everything else was trying to do Star Wars. The same is happening now. Too bad the Wachowski brothers are messing it up. I thought others were going to do that for them. Lucas also messed up his own creation. History repeats itself. All will become parody.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Coppola was someone who "nearly" did'nt mess up his sucess on the Godfather movies.

The original and it's sequel are truly superb films.

Yet, the 3rd movie was a bit of a pointless exercise.

Yet, the 3rd movie was a bit of a pointless exercise.

Wrong, while GF3 is the weakest one on the 3, it's still a superby acted and gripping film, closing of the story of Michael Corleone, and making him pay for the crimes he has commited.

The finale on the stairs of the Opera house is possible the most emotional scene from the whole saga.

I consider The Godfather part III to be an essential film.

Stefancos- who knows Michael, NOT Vito is the Godfather.

I think The Godfather Part III is underrated. It is a very good film, but it is simply overshadowed (and ever will be) by the grandness of the first two films. Parts I and II are truly among the best films ever made, while III is "merely" a good movie.

- Marc

Matrix was first? What about Dark City? ;)

Yeah, but nobody saw it. It was a major flop. And like Blade Runner it used a city as a character. The steam and lighting plus the voice-over is also very Blade Runner. It borrowed too much from Blade Runner's "sci-fi/film noir" concept.

----------------

Alex Cremers