Condoleances to Jerry Goldsmith

His father (Morris K. Goldsmith) passed away december 14th at the age of 101.

This is presumably the reason why he cancelled his Monaco concert.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117897646?categoryid=25&cs=1

Morris K. Goldsmith, father of composer Jerry Goldsmith, died of natural causes Dec. 14 in his Los Angeles home. He was 101.

Morris graduated from Caltech, where he was a scholarship recipient and football quarterback. During World War II he worked as an aeronautical engineer. After the war, he was a structural engineer on many structures, including the Hollywood Bowl.

Upon his retirement, Morris was appointed to the L.A. Building Commission by Mayor Tom Bradley.

In addition to son Jerry, he is survived by his wife, Sarah Goldsmith, two stepsons, five grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and a great-great-granddaughter.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Jewish Home for the Aging.

Anyone know how long John Williams' father lived? I assume he is dead by now. Its probably an inppropriate means of doing so bu it might be the only way of gauging how many years the Maestro has left.

Anyone know how long John Williams' father lived? I assume he is dead by now. Its probably an inppropriate means of doing so bu it might be the only way of gauging how many years the Maestro has left.

Williams mother is 93 and is still alive,and there is no father,he was born from the Midichlorians.

K.M.

Williams mother is 93 and is still alive,and there is no father,he was born from the Midichlorians.

K.M.

HA HA HA!!! :angry:

Very funny Mark!

Of course this means that eventually Williams will turn and destroy all the other composers.

Man, anyone who lives 101 is really lucky, I feel more happyness for him than sadness. But Goldsmith must feel really awful... my Grandpa is dieing of a heart problem...

Man, anyone who lives 101 is really lucky, I feel more happyness for him than sadness. But Goldsmith must feel really awful... my Grandpa is dieing of a heart problem...

Well I am fairly certain that Goldsmith probably expected this happen in the forseeable future. I mean ya can't go much further than 101.

My mother's great grandfather lives to 103. He smoked Turkish cigars and had a glass of schnapps every morning, and retired at 99. He used to tell stories of the Northern stories returning from Gettysberg. (He died in 1953).

My mother's great grandfather lives to 103. He smoked Turkish cigars and had a glass of schnapps every morning, and retired at 99. He used to tell stories of the Northern stories returning from Gettysberg. (He died in 1953).

Damn! He must have lived on hell of a life.