Jar-jaromir

nja

jaromir.jpg

Wellington, New Zealand -

A recently leaked trailer for the of The Return of the King extended edition has Tolkien fans outraged over the apparent addition of a new character - Jar-Jaromir. The scene depicted in the trailer shows Jar-Jaromir shouting, "Gondora gonna fallsa"; he then trips over a corpse and knocks down a couple of Uruk-hai.

Producers of The Lord of the Rings trilogy confirmed the addition of the half-brother of Boromir and Faramir.

"While The Two Towers is performing better at the box office than The Fellowship of the Ring, we are worried about a demographic that is skewing much older than desired. More mature fans are very good to have, but it's the younger fans who buy the merchandise. That's really what brings in the bucks on a movie like this," said producer Tim Wilcox.

"People complained a lot about Gimli just being there for comic relief," continued Wilcox. "We answer that criticism by directing the humor through Jar-Jaromir inThe Return of the King. There's this funny scene where Jar-Jaromir decides it's best to hand the ring over to Sauron, but then he drops it and kicks it into Mount Doom. Hi-larious."

Purists, miffed by the deviations in The Two Towers, were so enraged by Jar-Jaromir as to be rendered speechless. A less pure, calmer fan who was able to form words said, "Tolkien mentioned a lot of different races and creatures, but never a Gungan or even a half-Gungan. I think I'm going to vomit."

One fan tried to rationalize the move. "Maybe the Star Wars universe and Middle-earth intersect. Middle-earth certainly is a long time ago and why couldn't it be in 'a galaxy far, far away?' Nothing said it's our earth." He then broke down and started crying.

Director Peter Jackson explained how the Jar-Jaromir character was added after all the other footage had already been shot. "That's the brilliant thing about digital editing and graphics. We didn't even imagine Jar-Jaromir in the movie until a couple of weeks ago, but now we can just edit him right into the key scenes. I really think it's going to be a hit with the toddlers."

Jackson added, "I just love it when he shouts, 'Yousa steala precious from meesa!'"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old news. Many avatars ago I believe Ren used this. Or maybe it was in her signature. I can't remember. All I know is that this is nothing new. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Neil

Old news.  Many avatars ago I believe Ren used this.  Or maybe it was in her signature.  I can't remember.  All I know is that this is nothing new.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

Neil

It was in her sig.

Old news.  Many avatars ago I believe Ren used this.  Or maybe it was in her signature.  I can't remember.  All I know is that this is nothing new.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

Neil

It was in her sig.

Nice to see I'm not the only one to obsess over other peoples signatures and avatars.

Neil - who thinks Ren's avatar is a good looking guy :)

Neil

No bubble to bursto. I'm just a little fuzzy on happenings pre summer of '03.

And so another purposeless thread clutters the JWFN. What's to say.

Neil

It was in her sig.

Nice to see I'm not the only one to obsess over other peoples signatures and avatars.

Neil - who thinks Ren's avatar is a good looking guy :)

No i don't obsess i just remembered it. Neil you're alone in your obsession.

Ive done it! Takes up a lot of forum space and 56kers as well as mac users get mad! :thumbup:

Yup it was in my sig. I thought it was pretty funny. I wonder if the board will get as bad as some of the other boards where people's threads are deleted if they don't do a search for it.

Neil, looks like you are the only one obsessing of me and my sigs/avatars. Sorry babe.

I have roughly 6 more sigs I can use... so I think ill change for a bit

this one better neil?

livewire.gif:eek:

I wonder if the board will get as bad as some of the other boards where people's threads are deleted if they don't do a search for it.

What do you mean?

Anyway, the original post can be found here

Neil, looks like you are the only one obsessing of me and my sigs/avatars.  Sorry babe.

Yeah.....sorry.

:eek:

Neil

I mean, places like mugglenet have so many people posting that they get too many repeat threads so they start closing them if they find them.

Well Ricard and I have been known to close identical threads, though lately I prefer to "merge" them. In this case, since no one has posted in the other thread since May 1 of last year, I don't see a problem.

Neil

This photo was made using iCapture.

What you need a whole program to do that, I can just press print screen and paste into an image program. :)

What you need a whole program to do that, I can just press print screen and paste into an image program. :)

This only confirms that you post before you think. Click the link and see what it is.

Neil

This only confirms that you post before you think. Click the link and see what it is.

Neil

You are so mean. :cry: