Star Wars Clone Wars Cartoon Music?

Trent B

Hey not sure if anyone here has seen the episodes or watches them.......but if anyone does, for a lot of the music that you hear, that wasn't from Ep I or Ep II, I wonder if that new or "unreleased" music might be from unreleased music for AOTC? Anyone disagree or agree?

Trent

Edit: Let me make my post more clearer if anyone asks lol...but basically the new music that you hear in the cartoon do you suppose it's probably the music that was cut out for AOTC espically the Genosis battle perhaps?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pressumably, Williams wrote no music for Attack of the Clones that wasn't used in the film. The most common theory is that Lucas couldn't keep still editing the final battle, so Williams didn't write any music for it - rather, they used the Phantom Menace music as a patch for the lack of music. We don't think Lucas rejected Williams' original music and replaced it the edits.

So, even without seeing the series, I'll risk it and say that it is very unlikely that the music you hear is Williams'. But you must answer the most important question of them all: Does it sound like Williams?

Actually, it is my understanding that legally, every episode of a TV show has to be specifically scored; producers can't track in previously existing music, and that's why no Williams cues can be used.

If you remember the original Star Trek, a lot of the early cues (like the classic Spock-Kirk battle from "Amok Time") were used in later shows. However, by the time The Next Generation had arrived, the film musician's union had won its battle and every episode had to have its own score. IMO, this is a bit unfortunate, because now you can't have recurring themes used throughtout the series; as a financial necessity, producers now look for a serviceable score, rather than easy-to-identify cues that may be used over and over and can give the series a specific musical character.

Williams would've been too expensive for this mini-series, and he probably wouldn't have been interested anyway, since the short format doesn't allow to build complex cues.

actually Williams cues were used in the very first episode... but I don't think any of the music in Clone Wars is unused music by Williams. That series rocks btw :devil: G. Tartakovsky cartoons rule!

Actually, it is my understanding that legally, every episode of a TV show has to be specifically scored; producers can't track in previously existing music, and that's why no Williams cues can be used.

I wonder if that has changed over the years, I'm 100% sure Mark Snow tracked music from his score for X File: The Movie in several episodes of the season made directly after the film.

An episode the other night had a synth version of Williams' Droid March. Other than that and the first episode (entirely tracked with AOTC music) everything has been original.

Neil

I wonder if that has changed over the years, I'm 100% sure Mark Snow tracked music from his score for X File: The Movie in several episodes of the season made directly after the film.

That's quite right, especially in season 6.

To give two examples, but there are more, Biogenesis and SR 819 contain portions of the film score.

According to an article I found via a google search, GT's Samurai Jack composer, James L. Venable is doing season 2's music. No mention o whether he did season 1 of Clone Wars. And no mention of it at his site. imdb is down at the moment.

actually Williams cues were used in the very first episode... but I don't think any of the music in Clone Wars is unused music by Williams. That series rocks btw :wave: G. Tartakovsky cartoons rule!

Glad some one realizes his greatness.

Ah okay thanks for the responses....hey I like the Clone Wars Cartoon series too...it's a neat way to tell what happened during the Clone Wars. But hmm.....if there's no mention of John Williams doing original music for it, then this seriously brings up the question as to where this new music comes from....

Trent

Ah okay thanks for the responses....hey I like the Clone Wars Cartoon series too...it's a neat way to tell what happened during the Clone Wars.  But hmm.....if there's no mention of John Williams doing original music for it, then this seriously brings up the question as to where this new music comes from....

Trent

I'd guess it's done by G. Tartakovsky's house composer... it could be James L. Venable, 'cause he's been working a lot on Tartakovsky cartoons before. IMDb doesn't mention anything about any composer for Clone Wars though.

hey I like the Clone Wars Cartoon series too...it's a neat way to tell what happened during the Clone Wars.  

Ummm...would it not have been neater if we saw this in Ep III?

Or even "Episodes I and II".

Neil

Yeah, I wondered about that. Almost all the things I expected to see in the prequels, I haven't seen yet, (is Episode III going to be that packed?) I mean, what a waste on the guy's childhood - I didn't think the things that happen in Episode I that are important are that numerous.

hey I like the Clone Wars Cartoon series too...it's a neat way to tell what happened during the Clone Wars.  

Ummm...would it not have been neater if we saw this in Ep III?

Neil

Yeah. I've felt for a long time that the Clone Wars should have just started at the end of Episode I. At the latest.

- Marc

Paul Dinletir who does additional music for all the episodes.

Big damn shame not commercials releases are present for SJ. There are countless episode scores I wouldn't mind havig. Don't bother asking Venable, or Dinletir - I tried both and still came up empty handed. And I was honest.

:cry:

Even if you could decipher the puzzle that is Attack of the Clones' music editing, you would not have an accurate representation of the music. Much of it went unused in the film.