My Music

Nemesis

Hi!

Maybe you know ACIDplanet? If not, one can register for free and upload your own compositions. I've done it yesterday and would like to show you two of my pieces :(

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs...s=208481&T=8789

There are two important things to know to this recordings:

1. I had not much time to rehearse the pieces

2. This aren't profi musicians

Hope you enjoy!

Nemesis ;)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's going to say anything?

I liked the first one. Changed a bit, take out a small bit and it's worth to put on a tape in my car.

I had a hard time sitting threw the second and stopped it, since it wouldn't let me rewind to later in the cue.

I wish I could hear it. I tried to listen but I only get 2 second of music followed by 15 seconds of buffering. Then another 2 seconds of music. That's no way to hear a piece.

If you want, you can register for free. Then you could download the music to your computer.

But thanks anyway to try.

Nemesis :mrgreen:

Hi Nemesis, I just listened to your pieces, and I was quite impressed.

Of course, the performance leaves a little to be desired (as you point out), as these are obviously amateurs, but in my eyes it's impressive enough to just get ACCESS to a symphony orchestra, amateur or not.

You are unquestionably inspired by Williams, and "Spirits in Motion" reminded me a lot of his Olympic music, particularly "Call of the Champions". Perhaps you could have prolonged the "bridges" somewhat (you know, the downbeat section that comes in at about 3:40), to make the piece more varied.

"Space" is an impressive adventure suite, ranging in mood from the romantic to the upbeat. The melodic progression of the main theme was perhaps a bit clichéed, as it's one of those melodies you KNOW you have heard before somewhere, and a bit "tight", harmonically. But the suite flows naturally and seamlessly.

Thanks for sharing your music, Nemesis!

A lot of nice work compositionally. I would have to concure with Thor on parallels to Call of the Champions; some passages were noticeably similar. I know we all have our favorite pieces and it?s easy to parallel them, but don?t feel like you need to. Your ideas can stand very well in their own right.

Kudos as well on your fine instrumentation, acoustic voicing etc. Everyone treats band writing as if it?s nothing compared to orchestration, but it?s not easy to do well. I would guess that you have a good deal of experience playing in or conducting a band.

Thanks for sharing your music. I enjoyed listening.

Thank you guys for constructive criticism! :pukeface:

And you're right with "Spirit In Motion": It was actually my first piece I wrote and I always liked the Olympic music from Williams.

So I thought I could do a small tribute to my favorite composer but also with my own ideas, it was very fun!

Nemesis :flush:

Hi there.

Well I did as you asked and registered with the site. It took me about 2 hours to download your pieces with my 28.8 speed dial-up, but I'm glad I did! I am very impressed! You have a real gift for orchestration and know your medium very well. You clearly have a good ear. I'm listening through "Space" as I type. This is my favourite of the two as it seems a little more personal. I can imagine these pieces were very well received when they were performed, they are real crowd-pleasers!

I have recently been commissioned to write a celebratory work for three orchestras combined (!!!) which is rather a daunting task. I have never written celebration music before and I'm impressed ta how naturally it seems to come to you.

The John Williams connection is there (it's very obvious in "Spirit"!), but hey, that's a good thing right? I know there are many "Williams-moments" in my own music. Also, don't get too down about the performance, I think these performances are actually pretty convincing. There were a few ensemble issues in "Spirit in Motion" but not enough to ruin the feeling of celebration or to cause the "spirit" to stop moving. :) If you have any other pieces I'd like you to add them to your page.

Have you tried to get these published? They both deserve a wider audience IMO.

I'm assuming these were both written for wind orch. They both sound very good, especially with respect to orchestration. I like your textural choices. And it's always nice to get real people to play your compositions, even if they are semi-pro or amateur.

Nice job!

Hey pixie_twinkle!

Thank you very much for your nice words!

Wow, you have to write for three orchestras :P

Very impressive, I'm sure this will be a great experience!

I would love to hear your piece when it's finished.

I will add another piece today.

Unfortunately the record is horrible :(

The guy who recorded it told me, he would do very good recordings...PAH ;)

But with a little bit of fantasy you can imagine how it shoud sound.

Maybe you could also upload music from you?

Thanks also for your comments Fiery Angel ;)

Yes, the pieces are written for wind orchestras. This way I can get my music played, even if only by amateurs, but it's more fun than to write for the drawer :P

Have you tried to get these published? They both deserve a wider audience IMO.

You might give Grand Mesa Music a try - they're a relatively small publisher with a focus on wind band literature. www.grandmesamusic.com

I liked the songs, they were interesting on a whole. I love the winds in general because their timbres are so much more varied than strings. I definately heard williams in the olympic piece. Maybe its the snare part that reminds me constantly of olympic fanfare and theme. Or maybe some ostinatos remind me of Summon the heroes. I don't know, but its distinctly williams. Nice to hear that you used your influence in your music.

Hehe, since we are distributing our music here, here's my acidplanet site. :thumbup:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=2...=285685&T=18997

I confess that these are all terrible versions. :oops: The orchestral ones are all midi synthesized. The only live on is for the fallen. I must also confess that none of the players (or singers) are professionals, so they are flat in several areas and sometimes playing distinctly wrong things. If only my classmates were profs, but they aren't. Haha. Hope you like em anyways.

"Spirits in Motion" reminded me a lot of his Olympic music, particularly "Call of the Champions".

I would have to concure with Thor on parallels to Call of the Champions; some passages were noticeably similar.  

Haha, I just realised that "Call of the Champions" was composed in 2002. Actually I composed "Spirits In Motion" in 2000 :thumbup:

But the Williams influence is there: Summon the Heroes :)

Hey tony69, I will take a listen to your music ROTFLMAO