Jack & Bobby

Trumpeteer

For those not in the know, this is a TV show airing in the United States about two young brothers (not the Kennedys), and one of them will become president.

Anyway, I watched the premiere two weeks ago, and missed last week's. But as the theme music for the credits started, I literally did a spit take.

It's the music from The Patriot!!!!!

Interesting indeed. I wonder why they didn't get someone to compose an original theme. But hey, if you're going to go looking for existing music, you might as well go through the JW catalog! You won't find anything better!

Jeff -- who loves the show

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What channel is that on, I've never heard of it.

I've found that The Patriot has become one of the most popular pieces of Williams' used on TV. Strange since it's not generally considered one of his better works, though I like it. Maybe it's the whole "Americana" feel that it has.

I've been watching this show as well. I am enjoying it so far, it is ok. The performances of the kids are really good, and the mother is fantastic. I really enjoy "Everwood" as well, and since this is done buy the same crew, makes this show enjoyable for me as well. Just my .02

Have to offer my .02 as well. I love Everwood and from the all the talk about the show and seeing how the same people that do Everwood does this one also, I am going to have to check it out. I will be sure to pay close attention to the theme music.

Wow, I am really surprised about this. I didn't quite believe it, so I checked on IMDb, and sure enough, "Non-Original Music (Main Theme) by John Williams." I mean, why doesn't EVERYONE license John Williams themes for their shows?

Neeja, it's probably real expensive, and most of his music is too familiar to use as a theme for a series. I guess they thought "The Patriot" wasn't popular, so why not?

Jeff -- who is surprised that "Smallville" hasn't used more "Superman" music since the Christopher Reeve episode last season

What are you talking about? There's been further episodes with John Williams' themes in Smallville. The first part of the second season finale featured the themes. So did the third season finale. And the themes in question are both the Superman theme, and the Krypton theme. And I would bet good money on what music will be playing when Tom Welling is first shown sporting the suit.