Red Sox - a WIN for the ages!!!!!

diskobolus

Congrats Sox. You just played better last night. Yanks were too desparate. NOW KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THE NL! AL RULES!

Morlock- who thinks it would be quite ironic if this turned out to be a Boston- St. Louis series

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:| Oh boy i'm gonna get so much hell from Red Sox fans at school today.

HPFAN_2 - Who will wear his NY shirt to show his pride.

Yup 2.

This was simply a different Sox team that didn't let themselves get wrapped up in all that curse BS (which is what it is).

John- actually glad that it won't be a Boston-Atlanta WS as he would just be too torn.

Looks like I was wrong and the curse of the bambino has been lifted.

turns out I was only wrong about the Yankee's winning, I forgot the curse of the bambino isn't lifted until the Red Sox's win a world series,

Joe, who will take a wait and see approach.

Yeah, it's really exciting. I'm happy Clemens is out, I hate the man.

love him or hate him, he is the greatest modern era pitcher.

Your friendly reminder:

Game 1 of the World Series starts in about 1 hour, live from Boston on Fox. Will John Williams be in attendance? Will the TV coverage point him out if he is?

If JW is there,maybe they'll catch him scribbing down stuff on a paper pad in between innings.Maybe notes to the Episode 3 score!

K.M.Who thinks Williams should stay home and work.

If JW is there,maybe they'll catch him scribbing down stuff on a paper pad in between innings.Maybe notes to the Episode 3 score!

...And if they happen to show a camera angle from behind him, we can record it, zoom in, sharpen the picture...maybe we can catch a few notes and transcribe them to a MIDI file! :remybussi:

How many times has the AL won the World Series?

Out of 99 series:

The AL has won 58, boosted mainly by the Yankees 26. The NL has won 41, with the Cardinals leading with 9 wins, which is also the second most to the Yankees.

If Boston wins, they will actually take sole possesion of 3rd most Series wins with 6. They won 5 of the first 15 played, but none since you-know-when (or 1918, if you're not a baseball nut :mrgreen: ).

The complete list is here.

When Boston wins another 34 pennants and 24 world series come give me a call.  

:mrgreen:

Anyone of the AL Playoff teams could have beat the weak Cards.