UK JW-Fan meet?

Greg1138

Hey - just agreed a trade with someone who, it turns out, lives quite a short distance from me and I got to thinking.....

I'd love to come over to the US for a bash but - let's face it - it ain't going to happen.....so has there ever been a UK meet? There are a few of us Brits on here - has there been a "UK Version"? What do the Brits on the board think about having one/another one? What would you want to do as a format? What happens at the US ones?

Open to ideas......

Greg ;)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allergic to weddings????!?!?!??? Me too......except my own, of course, my reaction to that was quite different ;)

When is your friend getting married?!??

This is a good idea. The rest of the European members should attend if that's possible. I know it's not very likely in my case, but anyhow, should it coincide with an special event like a concert, or a movie's opening day?

That's - like - next weekend dude! No way anyone can organise something in that time!! I wish I'd thought of this a few months ago......

• 1 month later...

Somehow I missed this thread back when it was started....cool idea.

I bumped this for the UK and Europe JWfans...

ROTS would be a good reason for you guys to meet up over there! :mrgreen:

Greta

Where in the UK is everyone else? Cos me being in London and everyone else being in the Outer Hebrides is no help...

Thanks - I did think about a ROTS Celebration type thingy when I first mentioned this......but it went on a backburner as thre seemed to be little interest.....however since this thread has been bumped with a little more interest I am considering a War of the Worlds event......but only if there is enough interest.....will give it more thought and come back to it soon....

.....meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas (realistic ones, please!!!!) please feel free to suggest!!!

Greg ;)

How about setting up a special (& private) JWFan cinema screening for War of the Worlds - this can easily be arranged with some contacts I have, but it would mean coming over here to Northern Ireland which may be difficult for some I suppose. Cinema tickets would have to be paid for of course :baaa:

Just a thought?

- Tim

Well if you do schedule something for June (29th), that's right smackbang in the middle of my midyear university holidays.

I may just decide to do something cool like go to England for your guys' summertime (being winter here). I wonder what the cheapest return ticket I can get from Brisbane to Heathrow is. Anyone know? ...I just did spend $4 grand on a car.

Excited!