Goldsmith Tribute on ST First Contact 2 DVD out next Tues.

KittBash

Well there may not have been a Goldsmith tribute at the oscars this year but it seems the folks at Paramount and Star Trek decided they at least should do something.

Next Tuesday Paramount is releasing the next in their 2disc versions of the Star Trek Films, Star Trek First Contact and listed on the second disc they have "Jerry Goldsmith: A Tribute"

You can read the contents of the set at this link

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/stor...6506DA10B0889F8

I have also read reports I can't remember where but it seems the tribute may run around the 20 min mark

Brian99_1 - who can't wait to see the tribute

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily, someone has thought to do something like this. The Great Jerry deserves it. I can not understand why in the Oscar night there was no homage to him or to Bernstein. Both are HISTORY of cinema and music. Moreover, Goldsmith had composed the Oscar Fanfare, didn't ther know that?

We've known this for very long. But like Yeruid said, it's good Jerry's getting a tribute. They should've done something at the Academy Awards this year. Goldsmith and Bernstein are both legends and deserved more (although Bill Conti snuck in a few tributes of his own by playing some Trek music I think).

We all know what the OSCARS are about, no need to drudge up bad feelings. But to have the best song highlighted so much w/out even giving a score it's due, just shows you how people are like sheep.

I'm really looking forward to that tribute. I hope it focuses more on other things other than Star Trek, but 20 minutes is going to be nice.

no one hardly clapped for Jerry when they showed him. It was the worst tribute to those lost, I've seen in a long time. The biggest insult was the hack who played that classical piece, why not play film music, after all they were paying tribute to people who contributed to film.

I too am looking forward to this, as I recall I posted this more than a month ago.

That hack is Yo-Yo Ma. And how is your comment any less offensive than people not clapping for Goldsmith?

Justin - Who also thought that Film Music would have been more appropiate and also looking forward to the DVD.

whats your point Justin, as you seem to be agreeing with me. I didn't know it was yo yo, but he's still a hack for playing what he did, he should have baulked and said no this is inappropriate, I should play a Bernstein piece(who got a thunderous applause), and a Goldsmith piece (who did not get applause), in tribute to those two greats and all the greats who had passed.

Actually I think it would have been better for Conti to have just played a piece of music associated to each and everyone who died.

sorry Chris but I disagree with you, playing Bach was innappropriate, and it wasn't even a piece worth listening too.

Film music was a better choice no matter what you say.

for those wanting to purchase it, I noticed that Circuit City has it for 12.99, so I

will go to Best Buy and make them price match.

for those wanting to purchase it, I noticed that Circuit City has it for 12.99, so I

will go to Best Buy and make them price match.

Buy it at Best Buy and then do the price match. You'll get 10% of the difference. :)

Neil