Star Wars Concert in Paris, including Episode III Music !

PBL

Dear Friends,

I'm pleased to announce 3 great Star Wars Concerts in Paris, for the release of the last chapter of the Star Wars Saga.

I will conduct the Orchestre Cinématographique de Paris on

Thursday May 17th 8.30 pm,

and on

Wednesday May 18th 5.00 pm and 8.30 pm.

at the 13th district of Paris Townhall (place d'Italie).

This is kind of a special star wars night, based on a duel between a Piano Solo and an orchestra.

As you may know, all the Star Wars music was reduced by a brilliant pianist/composer: Enguerrand-Friedrich LÜHL (a CD is already available). The program will include music for piano solo, or for orchestra, and some music presented as Duels between the soloist and the choir/orchestra !

The program will also include the WORLD PREMIERE OF MUSIC FROM EPISODE III !!

Here's the program:

Main Title

Princess Leia

Anakin's Theme

Imperial March

The Forest Battle

Episode V End Titles

Flag Parade

Episode II Love Theme

Parade of the Ewoks

Luke & Leia

Asteroid Field

SURPRISE: Special Episode III music

Duel of the Fates

Please visit http://www.musique-et-toile.asso.fr for more informations (french website)

Philippe BARBEY-LALLIA

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The program will also include the WORLD PREMIERE OF MUSIC FROM EPISODE III !!

I doubt it......but it looks like a cool concert anyway and I hope it goes well!!! I envy you conducting orchestral SW music - I have conducted many, many brasss arrangements, and have conducted much JW music with an orchestra, but never been able to actually conduct an orchestra doing SW music (if that makes any sense....) I was not aware of the Piano reductions - perhaps something I need to look out......

Greg - who has not been to Paris for several years......perhaps it is time to renew my acquaintance.....

I would like to hear the piano reductions of Princess Leia's Theme, Anakin's Theme, and Across the Stars. Orchestra would definitely prevail for the others hands down.

As you may know, all the Star Wars music was reduced by a brilliant pianist/composer: Enguerrand-Friedrich LÜHL (a CD is already available).

I have that CD!

Please convey my gratitude to Mr. Lühl for releasing it. The CD is a joy to listen to and is a great display of his skill as well as his passion for the music. I ordered it from a French site when it was first released and, as I recall, I was able to navigate the site pretty easily, even with my extremely limited knowledge of French.

The concert sounds fantastic and I wish you the best of luck. :(

Kathy

I get an error page on clicking that link.... :|

That CD sounds wonderful...I love to hear Williams music interpreted in that way as I play piano myself.

Maybe off topic...but which piano reductions/arrangements specifically would anyone recommend? I'm looking for piano versions that aren't too watered down or simplified.

Greta

Sorry about that! I tried to make it easier for people to go directly to the CD, but apparently there's a problem with that so here's what I did to find it:

http://www.cinemusique.oxatis.com/

Click on Boutique

Go to page 20

Click on John Willams

Go to page 6

The CD is almost at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps!

Kathy

I would like to hear the piano reductions of Princess Leia's Theme, Anakin's Theme, and Across the Stars. Orchestra would definitely prevail for the others hands down.

Hehe :angry: Those 3 pieces will indeed be played by the pianist...

There'll be also a wonderfull arrangment of the Imperial March piano solo, that will be followed by the original symphonic version (in Episode V End Titles).

Expect a special Duel of the Fates (duel between the Jedi-pianist against the orchestra and choir, symbolizing the Dark side of the Force (I'll conduct this piece in the Darth Vader's costume... ! )

More surprises to come...

http://www.musique-et-toile.asso.fr

Philippe BL