Episode III Ratings

Dean1700

It has been reported in Sydney's major newspaper today that Episode II has received an M 15+ rating when it openings in two weeks time. As it was reported the "Office of Film and Literature Classification Board yesterday confirmed the film's rating, which means it is recommended for mature persons".

I guess scenes where Darth Maul is cut in half are okay to be given only PG ratings.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Sydney Australia, I did have a feeling Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will become rated M-15+ in Australia.

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban was going to be rated as M15+. But a four member panel of the Classification Review Board has concluded that PoA should be rated PG, rather than the M15+ originally signed. I don't really know what was the reason for changing Prisoner of Azkaban from M15+ to PG.

Star Wars Episode III does gets M rating in Australia

The Office of Film and Literature Classification made the surprise decision on Wednesday, citing "moderate science fiction violence" as the reason for the harsher rating....

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Sta...ating_91963.asp

Other Star Wars Certification: Canada:G (Quebec) / Canada:PG (Ontario) / Finland:K-11 / Norway:11 / UK:12A / USA:PG-13

Yay Episode III is M!! Moderate science fiction violence:P

On my DVD of Attack of the Clones it says it is M, I have always wondered why since the theatrical release was PG. Anyone know?

;) Main Theme - Padre Pio Tra Cielo E Terra - Ennio Morricone :P

I think whoever put M15+ on the DVD front cover of Attack of the Clones was a mistake. Attack of the Clones has never been rated M. Is it just your DVD say it is rated M? I just browsing net I found more than one DVD cover from Attack of the Clones

starwars2.jpg

221340.jpg

AOTC was PG in theatres.  But the DVD was M15+ and the VHS stayed PG.

Why is the DVD rated as M15+? :? I dont understand. The DVD is M 15 + but in threatres and VHS are PG