Help with Bonus Download Conversion

I paid for my CD at Target, downloaded the bonus track and because it's some kind of protected WMA file I can't convert it to any format that will go on my iPod!

Usually, iTunes can do it. Roxio can do it, Nero can do it. Heck, I downloaded a WMA to MP3 converter and it couldn't do it, either. All because it is a protected file.

I figured I could burn it to a CD first and then convert it but I don't feel like I should have to do that first for something I paid for....

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

I was about to rip the audio from the DVD to put on my iPod, too, and am assuming that that shouldn't be a problem....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a program that can record off of your sound card then you can play it and record it as a WAV and then convert it to AAC. Or just burn to a CD-R or CD-RW and then just re-rip it.

Neil

I thought of burning it to a CD, too, but it just annoys me that I can't just convert it easily...I'll have to rethink your first option and see what I can do...

Thanks!

Well....I went to their website this morning and left them feedback since they don't have a regular e-mail address per se, and I asked them what their logic was since I could rip the soundtrack to the iPod but not the free track? I failed to mention that I was going to rip the audio from the DVD to my iPod but I thought that might be pushing it a little since I want some real info from them...although I probably won't get that......

The bonus track was pretty lousy IMO. Just John Williams saying what the Sanskrit words were in ROTS. No new music. All a bit of a waste of time going through all the hassle of downloading it. It's 3MB of my hard drive I'll be reclaiming soon.

I had a similar problem with something else - a litte programme called DBPowerAmp sorted it out.....freeware and a decent little convertor.....I converted the protected WMA into an mp3 with no trouble at all - worth a go!

The lyrics of Duel of the Fates. See here.

If anyone's interested and it's within the board rules, I'll post a transcript (or has this been done already?).