ROTS Complete Soundtrack

GoodMusician

OK, I'm a little crazy. I wish I could say I had every ounch of music from Star Wars. I don't, but I've got most of it.

If there is one thing that tee's me off the most, it's that Episode II and III don't have complete soundtracks!

So, still in the Episode III mood, I decided to attempt to make a full soundtrack. I have a dvd copy of the movie and I'm using that to figure out what musical cues I already have and what ones I don't.

It's extreamly interesting and the track listing on this site works wonders.

I just was wondering if I'm the only one doing this because I'm realizing today exactly how MUCH music from it is actually...well, not.

There are so far... 14 tracks that I've made and I'm only to the battle on Kashyyk. So far, 5 of them are primarily stuff from Episode II and I.

It's just interesting. I dunno how much help it'll be but if someone form this site--ie someone who runs it, would like to know exactly what these tracks and such are, I can give them that information. It's a lot easier than listening to a scene over and over and over trying to figure out if you've heard the music before or just watched the scene to many times, then go searching through your Star Wars soundtracks to find it and then edit it and so on... heh.

Just wondering..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. My friend happened to have it so I thoguht I woudl at least give it a try before I give it back to him.

And it seemed that a lot of the cues I liked form Epsode III weren't on the cd so that's also why I did this.

And because I enjpy doing this. I did it with Jurassic Park as well. I started with AI but then got the 2 disk promo so I didn't really need to anymore.

Between this and maybe TLW now and I only have the Star Wars for a little while so.

If there is one thing that tee's me off the most, it's that Episode II and III don't have complete soundtracks!

Wah, wah, wah! I don't have the complete score to a movie released 2 months ago! Wah, wah, wah. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Neil - who just got the complete score to Magnum Force today....32 years after it's theatrical release.

OK, I'm a little crazy. I wish I could say I had every ounch of music from Star Wars. I don't, but I've got most of it.  

So, still in the Episode III mood, I decided to attempt to make a full soundtrack. I have a dvd copy of the movie and I'm using that to figure out what musical cues I already have and what ones I don't.

It's extreamly interesting and the track listing on this site works wonders.

I just was wondering if I'm the only one doing this because I'm realizing today exactly how MUCH music from it is actually...well, not.

There are so far... 14 tracks that I've made and I'm only to the battle on Kashyyk. So far, 5 of them are primarily stuff from Episode II and I.  

It's just interesting. I dunno how much help it'll be but if someone form this site--ie someone who runs it, would like to know exactly what these tracks and such are, I can give them that information. It's a lot easier than listening to a scene over and over and over trying to figure out if you've heard the music before or just watched the scene to many times, then go searching through your Star Wars soundtracks to find it and then edit it and so on... heh.

Just wondering..

A few of us here were working on it a few weeks ago.

K.M.Who likes his expanded RotS score.

ummm... I'm ... not complaining???

I'm just noticing that this is a John Williams Fan Network... and that it keeps tabs on what music he uses in his scores.

I thoguht that perhaps my efforts could be helpful to someone here.

And I would like to have a complete soundtrack, but notice how Episode II has yet to relase one. How old is that movie? I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait for Episode III... So being the constructive person I am, I use my abilities to make as complete a soundtrack as I can make.

I love John Williams. I enjoy listening to his scores. I'm sorry if I offended anyone...

ummm... I'm ...  not complaining???

I'm just noticing that this is a John Williams Fan Network... and that it keeps tabs on what music he uses in his scores.  

I thoguht that perhaps my efforts could be helpful to someone here.  

And I would like to have a complete soundtrack, but notice how Episode II has yet to relase one. How old is that movie?  I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait for Episode III... So being the constructive person I am, I use my abilities to make as complete a soundtrack as I can make.

I love John Williams. I enjoy listening to his scores.  I'm sorry if I offended anyone...

No one is offended.

In reality it will be many years before expanded/complete scores of these 2 films will be released.

If till that time you can make due with your DVD ripps then by all means go for it.

the power of beauty will sooner transform honesty from what it is to a bawd than the force of honesty can translate beauty into his likeness: this was sometime a paradox, but now the time gives it proof.

I did love you once

I did love you once

Captain, please...not in front of the Klingons.

You should not have believ'd me; for virtue cannot so inoculate our old stock but we shall relish of it.

I loved you not.

And I would like to have a complete soundtrack, but notice how Episode II has yet to relase one. How old is that movie? I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait for Episode III... So being the constructive person I am, I use my abilities to make as complete a soundtrack as I can make.

Do you know much about soundtrack releases? The only scores that are released complete right off the bat are ones that only fill a single CD, and even then, usually not. The complete (or 99% complete) scores to the Star Wars Trilogy were released twenty years after Star Wars, and fourteen after Jedi. Now, in this fast-flying digital age I doubt we will have to wait twenty years for complete scores, but still, there is a long way to go. Stop obsessing over these scores and just enjoy what you have now. Of course, any efforts to expand the scores are fine. I have been doing that using some cues from videogames, and in November, I'm sure many of us will work on DVD rips (there are a couple places I expect excellent results in, such as "Padme's Funeral"). By the way, what's this about a DVD... do you have a bootlegged copy?

I still don't understand how someone can listen to a dvdrip and be pacified with sound FX and dialogue all over the place.