9 members have voted

1. 1.

• "THUNDERBALL" sung by Tom Jones
    • "SPY HARD" sung by Weird Al Yankovic

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Warwick and Bassey versions of "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" weren't included because of rights issues. Which is just as well. Had they been included that means about 7 minutes of score would have had to have been sacrificed for two versions of the same song that were never used in the movie.

The mono version was included because it was never issued on CD and it was on the original US album. In fact, an LP was the source for that cue on the CD!

Neil

The Warwick and Bassey versions of "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" weren't included because of rights  issues.  Which is just as well.  Had they been included that means about 7 minutes of score would have had to have been sacrificed for two versions of the same song that were never used in the movie.

The mono version was included because it was never issued on CD and it was on the original US album.  In fact, an LP was the source for that cue on the CD!

Neil

Darnit. Well, if anyone has a file of the vocal version, please PM me.

I dont see the point of releasing a mono version, of a cue that was already in stereo, and we just need one song with vocals (shirley bassey, i suppose since she sung more bonds...)

No music lost.

I dont see the point of releasing a mono version

Because it's a different take of a cue that wasn't previously available on CD. You can get the "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" recordings on another disc.

Neil

Mono sound: Pointless.

Cant you make it with a sound program? Or just using mono headphones...

So simpy because it's mono you would rather totally ignore a completely different recording of a piece of music that was on the original album?

Neil

Hands down.

I prefer a totally different version, or even unrelease music (thunderball was not complete, right?) than a different recording of the same piece...

And if it was on the original album, it should be track 12. Not the LAST of the bonus tracks.

Why? MONO is worse...

MONO is worse...

Why? What's so awful about something being monaural? It's a bonus cue, and something that was only available on an LP. I'm all for it being released.

Neil

In principle, me too - except I really don't like the mono version - not because it's mono, I just don't like the arrangement. Same for theS hirley Bassey vocal version (did that use the same backing, or just very similar)?

I would have liked one of the electric guitar versions in its place on the album.