Which period is the best Williams

King Mark

Which period is the best Williams  

47 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1977-1985
    • 1999-2005

99-2005 is the best Williams. His output for the first choice doesn't engage me as his recent scores do. Yes i would trade Empire Strikes Back for Rots any day.

You know, that's very affirming to hear. I personally prefer '77-'85, and have this nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that it's me clinging to my childhood. So, hearing someone (who's probably of a newer generation) prefering the newer material confirms for me that I am the one who's crusty and wore out, not Williams' music!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to read not everyone is spellbound by The Empire Strikes Back. You both should listen to his Oscar winning score to Star Wars (1977). On this score, there's not one note too many or too few. Try to find a good vinyl copy to experience some depth in the music.

----------------

Alex Cremers

How do you mean, what do you know about norgwegian music?

What do you mean by Scandinavian music? I don't think Far and Away sounds like Grieg, Sibelius or Fini Henriques.

What do you mean by Scandinavian music? I don't think Far and Away sounds like Grieg, Sibelius or Fini Henriques.

Steef was referring to a prior incident, involving me, Shore's 'Riders of Rohan' theme, and a Norwegian Fiddle supposedly sounding Irish.