Earthquake

Figo

As I mentioned earlier this is a score that is deserving of a remastered release and I do believe there is some more dramatic underscore that could be added.

Agreed and yes, there are plenty of great cues that are completely unrepresented on the album, two of the best being the music for the scenes of devastation following the quake (The Aftermath) and the appearance of The National Guard. Curiously, many of the tracks on the CD are album arrangements of source music, some of it heard only fleetingly during the actual movie. In that documentary that someone posted on Youtube a while ago, I am sure I noticed the score to Earthquake collecting dust on Johnny's shelf when the camera panned across. Sort it out, Williams!

By the way, has anyone ever seen the freakish version that was extended for TV using additional footage shot a few years later, plus one or two deleted scenes from the original? Absolutely hilarious, especially the couple reading their tarot cards on the airplane.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debney's recording of Earthquake is atrocious.

As I mentioned earlier this is a score that is deserving of a remastered release and I do believe there is some more dramatic underscore that could be added.

I would also hope they would ditch the stupid sound effects that cover up some of the music.

Do the masters even exist anymore?

That's why I was so excited to hear FSM's Superman release, though it turned out not to be a major improvement in sound (indeed, "Helicopter Rescue" is inferior to the Rhino version)

Are you kidding?

I don't know what Mr. Buck is listening to because there is a huge difference in sound quality, especially the Helicopter sequence.