Huge Movie Stars Williams Hasn't Scored For

SkyMaker

I am having a hard time finding out huge movie stars that Williams hasn't scored for, either male or female. I am talking about well established stars, not the likes of teen idol, Leonardo DeCaprio, which, anyway, Williams is scoring for right now, in Catch Me If You Can.

Cruise, Hanks, Ford, Julia Roberts, he's done all of them.

Anyone you can think of?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about looking at it from the reverse. To make it easier to see who he hasn't scored for look who he has scored for.

Actors and Actress like, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, Steve Mcqueen, Faye Dunaway, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Richard Dryfuss, Robert Shaw, Roy Schieder, Gene Hackman,

Walter Matthau, James Caan, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Fred Astair, Sir Alec Guinness, Charlton Heston, Shelly Winters, Kirk Douglas, Holly Hunter, Audrey Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, Robert DeNiro, Meryl Streep, Kevin Costner, Cher, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Phiefer, William Hurt, Kathleen Turner, Geena Davis,

Burt Reynolds, Morgan Freeman, Jude Law, Sir Richard Attenborrough, Joe Pesci, John Candy, Sir Lawrence Olivia, Tom Cruise, James Woods, Joan Allen, Ed Harris, Julia Roberts, Sissy Spacek, Jack Lemmons, Kevin Bacon, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland, Drew Barrymore, Henry Thomas, Dee Wallace Stone, Melinda Dillion, Teri Garr, Karen Allen, Sean Connery, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Liam Neeson, Ewen McGregor, Mel Gibson,

Richard Harris, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Susan Hayward, Brad Pitt, Dustin Hoffman, and many others.

By my count thats at least 40 Academy award winners, some for acting, some for writing or directing. That is a very impressive talley. Some are double winners, and alot are nominees. The biggest star of them all has to be John Wayne, one of the great movie stars of all time.

He's in How to Steal a Million. I've seen the film, pretty good too, directed by the director of Ben Hur.

Denzel Washington, Barbara Streisand, Kate Hepburn, Jessica Lange, Elizabeth Taylor, Sigourney Weaver...

Hmmmm yeah well there is Russel Crowe but that guy is realy a NEW major star. I mean hes only been in 4 really big movies:

1) Virtuosity (which sucked major ass) :nono: 8O

2) LA Confidential (which was awesome!) :D:(

3) Gladiator (which was a masterpiece) beerchug :)

4) A Beautiful Mind (which was a BS but very well told story) ;)

Beyond him? Hmmmmm .......... thats tough! Well Guy Pearce (the other dude from LA Confidential has not been in a film with a JW score. Val Kilmer also I think has not been in a film score by Williams. Who else? Sandra Bullock I also believe has not been in one. Neither has Helen Hunt or Kevin Spacey (thought of em together because they were both in that awful "Pay it Forward" deal).

I am sure there are more too. ;)

O'Toole was also in Goodbye, Mr. Chips.

Damn, I'm here looking on imdb, but still can't find a single significant name!

He even scored for Reagan! (in the killers)

I got a few more .......

1) Arnold Shwartzen ......dur whatever I suck at German (OK Austrian) names.

2) Sly Stallone!

Although I must admit, I am rather glad he never scored for these two! :nono:

He also scored him in Far and Away.

Hmmmmm who else?? I believe Keanu Reeves has never been in a JW scored film.

The Matrix Man himself! :nono:

Ohyeah and I think I got another one! Denzel Washington! Hes never been in a JW scored film.

Russell Crowe probably didn't win because of that fight thingy

Fight thing??? What was that about? I had heard he had had some problems with his behavior. Never heard about a fight though. What gives? Inquiring minds want to know! :nono:

He was video taped on a security camera having a big fight with a bunch of people at some convenience shop or something. LOL

He's scored Tom Cruise, close enough  ;) If you've seen MR that is.

As mentioned, there is Far and Away also. and Born on the Fourth of July

yes a masterpiece of $#!+

I'll second that, its one of the most overated films of the last five years, along with Matrix.

Millions say otherwise!  ;)

Millions of people who don't know good movies then. Remember it was a very modest boxoffice hit, not a blockbuster by any means. And Crowe is human garbage. He needs a proper curse place on him.

Funny: I should've said "whoever said Williams hasn't scored an Arnold movie", but my subconscious forced me to classify movies by composer and not by actor, as most people do.

Nobody ever says "Have you seen the latest John Williams movie?". Except maybe at this board. ;)

Millions of people who don't know good movies then.  Remember it was a very modest boxoffice hit, not a blockbuster by any means.  And Crowe is human garbage.  He needs a proper curse place on him.

Maybe you don't know good movies?

yes a masterpiece of $#!+

I'll second that, its one of the most overated films of the last five years, along with Matrix.

Millions say otherwise!  ;)

Millions of people who don't know good movies then. Remember it was a very modest boxoffice hit, not a blockbuster by any means. And Crowe is human garbage. He needs a proper curse place on him.

Hey I will third that, my sentiments exactly.

Joe, not known as a fan of Crowe, Gladiator, or a big Matrix fan, I do think Crowe is very talented as a actor, but he loses his appeal due to his affair with Meg Ryan, and his better than everyone else attitude. He is a great actor but he is no Tom Hanks.

Uh oh -- careful, Joe. Remember the fallout when we had the gall to bring up Harrison Ford's personal life. You don't want this thread to be wiped clean -- by the wroth of God.

I got one!!!!

Matthew Borderick.

And don't say he's not a big star. He's done some modest movies, and one excellent one (Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

How about another one!!!

Sharon Stone! LOL

Though I would like to imagine how JW would have scored Basic Instinct.

Whoopi Goldberg...if only JW had scored The Color Purple.

Demi Moore

Michael J. Fox

Michael Douglas

Jane Fonda

Glenn Close

Will Smith

I got one!!!!

Matthew Borderick.

And don't say he's not a big star. He's done some modest movies, and one excellent one (Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

there are actors who would give anything to have a once in a lifetime role such as Ferris Bueller. The more I see of this film the more I am convinced that the Academy got best actor 1986 all wrong. Sorry Paul Newman, you won a makeup award, for surviving as long as you have.

Sorry Bob Hoskins, William Hurt, Dexter Gordon, and James Woods, none of you gave the performance that Matthew did as Ferris. Not one of the films of the 5 nominee's for best actors has stood the test of time these last 16 years. Ferris Bueller, your my hero.

To whoever said Arnold hasn't been in a Williams movie: you're actually wrong. Anyone know which movie I'm thinking of?

Claes - Arnie appears briefly as a heavy (what else?) in Robert Altman's The Long Goodbye (1973), scored by John Williams. Blink and you miss him.

WLW - Jane Fonda is in "Stanley & Iris" while Glenn Close appears as a bearded pirate (honest!) in "Hook". I'm not joking.

And Morn, how could you forget Peter Ustinov's turn as King Fawz in John Goldfarb Please Come Home? And it's your favourite score too! ;)

Any takers for Robert Redford?

Damien

I got one!!!!

Matthew Borderick.

there are actors who would give anything to have a once in a lifetime role such as Ferris Bueller. The more I see of this film the more I am convinced that the Academy got best actor 1986 all wrong. Sorry Paul Newman, you won a makeup award, for surviving as long as you have.

Sorry Bob Hoskins, William Hurt, Dexter Gordon, and James Woods, none of you gave the performance that Matthew did as Ferris. Not one of the films of the 5 nominee's for best actors has stood the test of time these last 16 years. Ferris Bueller, your my hero.

I second that, Joe.

But I believe Alan Ruck deserved a supporting actor nomination more tham Matthe deserved a leading actor nod. He stole every single scene. He was simply the best part of the film (well, maybe just a little better than Edie McClurg). ;)

you know,

i really respect Broderick and Lane. Broderick has done some decent but not well recognized work but they both are doing EXCELLENT on the broadway scene.

Cruise, Hanks, Ford, Julia Roberts, he's done all of them.

i hope he wore protection ;)

Sean Penn, Johnny Depp, Ed Harris, Ben Affleck (ok, he is not a great actor, but he owns an Oscar), Will Smith, Albert Finney, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jeff Bridges, Antonio Banderas, Nicolas Cage, Robert Redford, Jack Nicholson, Jodie Foster, Kim Basinger, and.........................Casper Van Dien ;)

By the way, GLENN CLOSE appeared in HOOK in a cameo.

he did Michelle Pheiffer and Jack N. in Witches of Eastwick, Jack in Missouri Breaks too.

A few other actors include

Henry Fonda, Geraldine Page, John Housman, Jane Fonda, Jon Voight

Jimmy Stewart ;)

Maureen Ohara, Frank Sinatra, Lee Marvin, Natalie Wood, and Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Thats a few more academy award winners too.

John Voight appeared in ROSEWOOD.

And I know that Williams composed for the only film Sinatra directed. I haven't seen this movie, so I don't know if he starred it.