John Towner Touch and more early Williams on cd

Miguel Andrade

Ok, I've had a good chance to listen through this. Wow. I was well aware of Williams' skills as an arranger, but I was blown away by his keyboard skills. The tracks from The John Towner Touch are astonishing. I'm so impressed with his virtuoso playing.

• 2 weeks later...

All right I finally got this recently. Off their eBay store by the way, and it was like the fastest shipping ever.

I must say it's even better than hoped for. Especially the first disc (which I like better than the second) really blows you away.

I was wondering, Miguel, if you could give us a breakdown of the CD: from which LP each track comes?

I was wondering, Miguel, if you could give us a breakdown of the CD: from which LP each track comes?

The liner notes have that information. It's on pages 1-2, in small print at the bottom.

• 12 years later...
1 hour ago, rough cut said:

I just ordered Jazz Beginnings and Rhythm In Motion:)

Good choice. Both great albums. I consider JAZZ BEGINNINGS one of -- if not THE -- most important John Williams releases in the last decade.

You also need Checkmate (strangely paired with Hong Kong) from the latest Fresh Sound release, with a better sound than the Previous release on CD. Great early and jazzy John Williams!

Your JW scores collection should at least begins this way:

16D5242E-B89D-4586-8772-B6318A905391.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Yes, well... No... I mean, I didn’t actually mean that I am enjoying it more than I should @Thor Just that I am having a nice evening. 😊

Wonderful how you took that literally. 😂😂😂

Good music and a good cigar, is all you need!

But to be clear... it’s not really all you need.

All you need is love”. Right? Everybody knows that.

8 hours ago, rough cut said:

Yes, well... No... I mean, I didn’t actually mean that I am enjoying it more than I should @Thor Just that I am having a nice evening. 😊

Now remember to add Checkmate to this line-up to complete the experience with some Johnny Williams crime jazz!