Masada OST and C&C

Brundlefly

Which tracks from the complete score of Masada were newly recorded for the OST presentation?

Varese Sarabande OST - Intrada C&C

1 Main Title = 1 Main Title

2 The Old City = 27 A Matter of Logic

3 The Planting = 5 Not for Years/Taxes

4 The Road to Masada = 16 Move On

5 Night Raid = 15 The Return

6 Our Land = 12 Your Land

7 The Encampment = 31 A Man Before

8 No Water = 30 Everybody in the Pool

9 The Slaves = 26 The Slaves

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Which tracks from the complete score of Masada were newly recorded for the OST presentation?

The entire "OST" is a re-recording.  The Intrada release premiered the actual original tracks.

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

T'was ever thus, Pieter :(

Hopefully... One day... People will see the light.

They've had at least four millennia to figure it out.

Shouldn't be much longer now. Maybe another century or two...?

He's asking what original score cues were used to make up the album recording, I think. Not all track titles/cues correspond. I figured this out... I've got the info at home and will supply as soon as I can.

BTW Varese doesn't control this title; they licensed the LP recording from UMG. Presumably one of the labels who works with both them and Universal Studios could even produce a single definitive release with both the album recording and complete film recording.

Yavar

14 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

He's asking what original score cues were used to make up the album recording, I think. Not all track titles/cues correspond. I figured this out... I've got the info at home and will supply as soon as I can.

Exactly. Thank you.

1. Main Title = Prologue: The Fall of Jerusalem

2. The Old City = A Question of Morale

3. The Planting = Eleazar and Miram / Night Raid on Hebron

4. The Road to Masada = Main Titles, Episode Two

5. Night Raid = Poisoned Wells / Return to Judea

6. Our Land = Broken Truce

I think tracks 7-9 match up, title wise, with the complete film recording.

Are you trying to replicate the album with the film recording to compare the two evenly, or something? Maybe just trying to figure out what cues of the complete score were previously unreleased (well obviously, all of them were of course, since it's a wholly separate recording, but you know what I mean)?

Yavar

3 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

1. Main Title = Prologue: The Fall of Jerusalem

2. The Old City = A Question of Morale

3. The Planting = Eleazar and Miram / Night Raid on Hebron

4. The Road to Masada = Main Titles, Episode Two

5. Night Raid = Poisoned Wells / Return to Judea

6. Our Land = Broken Truce

I think tracks 7-9 match up, title wise, with the complete film recording.

Are you trying to replicate the album with the film recording to compare the two evenly, or something? Maybe just trying to figure out what cues of the complete score were previously unreleased (well obviously, all of them were of course, since it's a wholly separate recording, but you know what I mean)?

Thanks a lot! I assume these are the titles from the score sheets, because I cannot find them on the Intrada set. Do you also know how the equivalent titles are called on the Intrada set?:D

To replicate the OST is a cool idea. Originally I just wanted to know.:lol:

Right now I'm actually trying to create a 60-70 minutes album from all four episodes. I can share it here, when I'm done.

21 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Thanks a lot! I assume these are the titles from the score sheets, because I cannot find them on the Intrada set. Do you also know how the equivalent titles are called on the Intrada set?:D

To replicate the OST is a cool idea. Originally I just wanted to know.:lol:

Right now I'm actually trying to create a 60-70 minutes album from all four episodes. I can share it here, when I'm done.

Do really none of the titles match? Check inside the Intrada booklet for the actual cue breakdown rather than the track titles on the back cover; I may have replaced the latter with the former. I'll try to find my physical album when I get home and double check.

Yavar

4 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Do really none of the titles match? Check inside the Intrada booklet for the actual cue breakdown rather than the track titles on the back cover; I may have replaced the latter with the former. I'll try to find my physical album when I get home and double check.

For these purposes, every Expansion should have a complete score breakdown, like a few had recently. The River Wild, The Shadow and A.I. come to mind.

Varese Sarabande OST - Intrada C&C

1 Main Title = 1 Main Title

2 The Old City = 27 A Matter of Logic

3 The Planting = 5 Not for Years/Taxes

4 The Road to Masada = 16 Move On

5 Night Raid = 15 The Return

6 Our Land = 12 Your Land

7 The Encampment = 31 A Man Before

8 No Water = 30 Everybody in the Pool

9 The Slaves = 26 The Slaves

I have found a way to listen to the OST (which I do not own) and compared it to the C&C.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The OST has a far bigger orchestral sound than the recording used for the mini-series. It sounds huge. I vastly prefer it.

I prefer the score version of "Taxes".

But the OST has a lot of great pieces missing. I personally do not understand the selection of some tracks.

My newly created OST program:

1. Main Title - 5:19
  2. The Moabites - 4:37 1
  3. The Granary - 4:04 2
  4. Your Land - 4:42
  5. No God - 4:15 3
  6. Burning City - 3:51 4
  7. The Old City - 2:49
  8. The Road to Masada - 7:16
  9. The Slaves - 4:41
  10. The Mask - 1:24
  11. Make-Up for Death - 3:26 5
  12. Meeting Unsuccessful - 3:52 6
  13. Silva's Soliloquy - 5:47 7
  14. Inner Wall - 3:56 8
  15. Fire - 10:02 9
  16. Elezar Speaks - 4:38
  17. End Title - 3:17 10

It took me a while to get a good flow to it, but now you can listen to it, without being bored, since it changes between calm and wild cues and all the unspectacular and tiny cues are removed. I've shortened a few and connected many cues. Track 1-10 are Jerry Goldsmith and track 11-17 are Morton Stevens. The whole running time is 77 minutes.