Munich DVD region 2

I noticed that Amazon.co.uk and other UK retailers are not listing the double disc special edition of Munich.

Do I have to buy a multi-region dvd player or will the double disc version be out later?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

No director commentary, only a brief introduction about the movie before it plays.

Universal WILL double dip this film, rest assured. It was a relative box office bomb by Spielberg standards, and Universal will be resorting to the lowest tactics to make a return. The 2-disc edition will come out within the next year in all non-region 1 areas. Teach them a lesson and copy a rental DVD to tide you over until the proper release comes out.

This is the only Spielberg DVD (trust me I got them all) I haven't bought in the release date (and won't be buying anytime soon). Try better tactics with me, Universal.

The 2-disc went out of print something like a WEEK after it was released. It wasn't even released in Canada.

It's a complete shame, as it looks like it won't be re-issued in Region 1.

They didn't put all that work into a tentpole Spielberg DVD release for only one round of prints. It'll be back. This tactic is just another way for them to convince fans to get the 1-disc version, under the assumption the 2-disc was a limited edition collectable never to return. Just imagine the horror when it pops out in December.

Urghh.

:P

These tactics disgust me. I don't see a single difference in the first disc between the two releases. Plus War of the Worlds wasn't exactly a megahit but they haven't tried anything with that... so why Munich?

But at least they were released concurrently. The tactic of withholding the BETTER release for a later stage is a Universal thing, forcing people to buy it. Most other studios release the two versions at the same time, or even the 1-disc at a later stage at a heavily reduced price for those who aren't interested in bonus features.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know when will the Munich 2-disc version be available in Europe? Also, those who have already seen the bonus disc -- what is the feature on John Williams like? Any footage of him conducting?

:P