Harry Potter 2 CD cet, any info?

tpigeon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just went back to my Harry Potter DVD Rip and have redone my absolute favourite part (music wise) of the movie HP I.

Remember when they are in the dark forest, and witness voldemort drinking the blood of the unicorn and then the creature (can't remeber species, name) comes (hmm Centaur??) and talks to them. and you have that wonderful string passage in the background?

This one is very tricky, to get it as effectfree as possible, I worked on it for 3 hours, if anybody is interested in the part I have done yet.. PM me.

It is a short preview of what I plan to do next..

Can anybody send me the complete cue list of HP I? with the OST edit guide?

Not to mention both of Voldemort's themes pounding away. One of the best cues in the score.

you mean after the nice string part?? oh I have not done that yet it is full of minor sfx.. but I will do that too! :thumbup:

EDIT: Of the rear channel is perfectly clear I see now..

My gosh after listening to some stuff now.. Harry Potter 1 must be the best sounding DVD Rip ever! :o

I tried making my own expanded version several years ago and got all the highlights except the troll fight which was buried in sfx. I might try redoing them to get the transitions better and use the rear channels instead.

Well I might be overstating it some, but there are a good number of cues that can be gotten clean or virtually clean (wind noises, birds chirping). Ollivander's, for instance. Switching between the rear and front channels also helps.

It;'s still a DVD rip and a lot of the cues have sfx .The cues at the beginning have rain, The House Cup is unlistenable. One cue has screams that make me jump every time

I still can't believe the POA album contained "The Patronus Light" instead of "A Window/Bridge To The Past" when Harry first uses the Patronus charm. That's one of Williams' best moments in the last 20 years.