Burning a CD with no gaps between the tracks?

Vaderbait1

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know how to burn a CD that flows seamlessly from track to track (akin to X-Men 3 or The Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition) using Windows Media Player or Sonic RecordNow? Is it possible?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I use Nero 6 Express to burn CDs, and I make sure to check the box labelled "No pause between tracks."

With windows media player you just have to add each track individually and edit out/segue in any silences in the music. Thats the easier answer.

If you want it to sound fairly pro you have to take your time getting it just right.

If you extract the files to your hardrive using something like DBPoweramp or whatever WAV or MP3 extractor you like- then you can merge them into one giant file using a FREE program called MediaJoin 2.0. The link to the MediaJoin is here: http://www.tucows.com/preview/396569. All the files will be joined together with no space and you can just burn the one large file to your blank CD. I have done this several times because there is some limitation of 99 files allowed on one CD and so I get around that by merging them with this tool. Good luck.

Well, I use Nero 6 Express to burn CDs, and I make sure to check the box labelled "No pause between tracks."

I use this program to. Though I did a 5 finger discount (downloaded it that had a CD code key from Limewire). It's been the best CD burning program I've used.

Use iTunes. You can change the settings in Burning section in under "advance" tab.

Use iTunes. You can change the settings in Burning section in under "advance" tab.

Even with 'Pause between tracks' set to 0, there is still a split second gap between tracks when playing the files on iTunes itself. At least on the PC version there is. No idea about the burning though.

Use Crossfade playback in playback then..but I don't think that will effect the burning on CD though.

Sometimes the files may have been ripped wrong, it happens sometimes with these tracks that have no silence end.

If you have the original CD make an CD copy, not an audio cd.

If you are assembling you copy of TPM ultimate version, i suggest you to merge the smaller files into the larger one they are part of (UE tracklist, bold title refers to the name of severl non bold titles)

• 2 weeks later...

I did some reading around and it seems that these split second gaps are an inherent property to the mp3 format. I have however figured out how to get iTunes to playback files seamlessly. The Crossfade option has to be turned on and then set to 0. grrrr

in itunes changing the burning setting for seconds between tracks to 0 should work right? has anyone try using iTunes setting the second to 0 seconds between tracks?

in itunes changing the burning setting for seconds between tracks to 0 should work right? has anyone try using iTunes setting the second to 0 seconds between tracks?

If you are talking about converting mp3s to an audio CD, the answer is no. I've said it before, a split second gap (about half a second) will still remain. :mrgreen: AACs, ogg and FLAC should be fine I think.

I did some reading around and it seems that these split second gaps are an inherent property to the mp3 format. I have however figured out how to get iTunes to playback files seamlessly. The Crossfade option has to be turned on and then set to 0. grrrr

It can't be inherent to MP3s. MP3s are just WAVs encoding using lossy compression. When you decode them, you get standard PCM data. If the program can't play two MP3s without gaps, it's either the program's or the codec's fault.

Perhaps the MP3s are faulty? You could transform them into wavs and rip any full silence at the start and end of the files. Then burn them without gaps using "disc at once" mode.

I dunno, I tried opening the mp3 in an audio editor and there isnt any silence at the end of the tracks. Maybe I'll try out ripping my BeeGees One Night Only disc later to mp3 and then burning that to CD-R. I doubt it will work though.

If the decoded file doesn't have silence, then either your burning settings or your burning software are the problem. Or your burner, if there are any burners that can't burn gap-less audio?

8O The Battle of Britain - Suite (William Walton)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,I do...still works fine.That thing is indestructible.Although with the new c.d.'s I borrow from the library,now i have no idea of what I'm listening to most of the time because I don't know the tracks by heart and there's no screen.

K.M.Who''l get a 10GB Nano when that comes out

Yes,I do...still works fine.That thing is indestructible.Although with the new c.d.'s I borrow from the library,now i have no idea of what I'm listening to most of the time because I don't know the tracks by heart and there's no screen.

It's also cumbersome if you want to listen to a particular track and have to go though whatever you have on your Shuffle at that moment.

K.M.Who''l get a 10GB Nano when that comes out

I'll get a 60 GB iPod Nano when it comes out.