Romulan Warbird Valdore-Star Trek Nemesis

JoeinAR

Oh, I think the Enterprise is in for a fight.

st-nemesis-valdore-large.jpg

As Ron Weasley would say

WICKED.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to say that!!! really!!!! It loks to much as if they had collaborated with the klingons. I was hpoing to see those cool ships they had in the TNG TV series... they were pretty cool.

It loks to much as if they had collaborated with the klingons.

Hector, you should try to catch the Original Series episode of Star Trek called "The Enterprise Incident".

I think Joe knows what I'm talking about.

Neil

It looks TERRIBLE. So bad.

The Romulan WARBIRD in TNG will do for me. At least thatwas original. This looks just like every other alien ship we would see on Voyager.

And it follows a Kilngon approach. Pitiful. Absolutly pitiful.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It just goes to show that some of you don't know what the hell your

talking about.

The warbird look was originated by the Romulans, not the Klingons.

Of course many of you probably have know idea that the Klingons and the Romulans shared technology, and that the cloaking device is a Romulan technology.

The warbird look of the Klingons was based on the Romulan warbird, but if when you are so absorbed in Star Wars, you miss out on detail like that about Star Trek. If the picture was better your could see that the twin neck is still there. And if anyone had noticed before the feathered look on this ships rear superstructure, was also on the Romulan warbird featured in the last episode of the first season. This incidentally was the first new major enemy's ship seen in Star Trek the Next Generation*Ferengi excluded). As a matter of fact the first enemy ship seen in the original Star Trek, was the Romulan warbird, and then in the third season, the episode that Neil mentions,

the Enterprise Incident, is the first time we see the classic Klingon warship. But it was the Romulans who had possession of the ship. This is when the Federation first learned of exchange of technology between their two adversaries.

Personally I think the ship looks damn good.

JoeinAr,

I DID know what i was talking about. Alot of trekkies now adays are young and don't know all the little things about star trek. If i had said Romulan, there would have been some member who would question that and then he would fight back and then he wuld be proven wrong and then say, "Oh."

So sometimes it just is best to leave it simple and understandable.

Just like the Romulan ships in the original were called birds of prey if i remember correctly, while in ST:3 and beyond some of the Klingon ships were called so.

the Enterprise Incident, is the first time we see the classic Klingon warship

Actually the first episode to show a Klingon vessel was "Elaan of Troyius".

Neil

I think it looks great and for one am glad they don't use models all the time now(as long as they perfect the realness of the things)

Actually alot of us do know our Star Trek history but as crappy as Star Trek has become some of us have lost our enthusiasm much like many of you have for Star Wars.

My opinion was that Paramount/Berman could have come up with a better design for the ship instead of taking the bird of prey and modifying it.

It never ceases to amaze me how negative and downright stupid some people's reactions are. Joeinar is totally right. The two technologies are tired together. I think the ship looks AWESOME. Some people just HAVE to have things to bitch about. So you think this looks CGI? IT'S A BLOODY PROMO STILL!!!!!!!!! You cannot judge something from that. And as for the bloke who said soemthing about wishing they still used models: THEY DO!!! They use MORE MODELS NOW than they ever did before CG came into being. Ask any modelmaker in Hollywood. All these ships for any big budget movie are done as models and the either filmed or scanned into a 3-D model to be tweaked and manipulated.

the Enterprise Incident, is the first time we see the classic Klingon warship

Actually the first episode to show a Klingon vessel was "Elaan of Troyius".

Neil

Yes, but Enterprise Incident aired before Elaan of Troyius. That is why they mention that they Romulans are using klingon design.

I agree with you on all counts, Joe.

The ship looks great, a real menacing design and a visual match for the Enterprise!

"The Enterprise Incident" is my favorite Original Trek episode; it was an absolute delight to watch Mark Lenard as a Romulan equivalent to Kirk. It also had a lot of the social comment and mythic qualities that made the original so special.

I only hope this new film brings back Picard's class and style (which has somehow been kept secondary in the films) and a really good villain that tests his command ability.

"The Enterprise Incident" is my favorite Original Trek episode; it was an absolute delight to watch Mark Lenard as a Romulan equivalent to Kirk. It also had a lot of the social comment and mythic qualities that made the original so special.

"The Enterprise Incident" involved Kirk and Spock on a secret mission to steal the Romulan cloaking device. Part of the plan was having Spock seduce the Romulan commander. I'm so glad that it was not Mark Lenard in that episode! He was in "Balance of Terror".

Neil

I'm sorry but you are mistaken.

You are talking about Balance of Terror, which is indeed a great episode.

The Enterprise Incident is the rather mediocre episode were Kirk is disguides as a Romulan to steal one of their cloaking devices.

The episode is ahead of it's time in that the Romulan Commander is a women.

Unfortunetly in those times high ranking Romulan officers seemed to have been dressed in mini-skirts and go-go boots.

Still, it's not as silly as Spock's Brain

Brain and brian...what is brain?

Stefancos- :mrgreen:

So you think this looks CGI? IT'S A BLOODY PROMO STILL!!!!!!!!!

I know, I said it with tougue and cheek :mrgreen: To mock Joe. :jump: Recent Trek CGI looks as good as models.

The Klingon ship first seen in Star Trek III and renamed the "Bounty" when Kirk and company use it to voyage home in Star Trek IV is called a "Bird of Prey" because the baddies in III were originally supposed to be the Romulans. However, somebody (Nimoy, I believe) voted in favor of using the Klingons because they're generally more interesting (honorless enemies aren't), and so the ship model stayed on as a Klingon ship instead of Romulan, sign of another treacherous collaboration between the Empire and the Star Empire sometime between the Klingons obtained the cloaking device and Khitomer. This green birdlike design was not apparent in the Klingon battle cruiser seen in TOS episodes "Day of the Dove" and "The Enterprise Incident," but because of the switcheroo in Star Trek III, the look stayed and evolved into the Klingon Negh'Var, seen in DS9's various conflicts against the Cardassians and Dominion; a cross between the green BOP and the D7 & K't'inga battle cruisers, if you ask me.

Also, the Romulan ship with the orange bird on its ventral hull seen in TOS "Balance of Terror" is a Romulan Bird of Prey. By the time TNG rolled around, that ship would have been over 70 years old ("The Neutral Zone"), so to stay parallel to Federation and Klingon ship advances, the old bird of prey gave way to the Romulan D'deridex class Warbird, with that dual hulled biplane look with null space inbetween, and a quantum singularity power source.

Problem is,not everyone knows every bit of Star Trek trivia.so to me the ship looks good,but it looks like a Kligon Bird of Prey and it may confuse the casual fan

K.M..

Lots of people go see the ST movies but rarely watch the T.V. shows.Well,at lt least it's the case for me.

K.M.Who hopes there is a good space battle in this one.

Lots of people go see the ST movies but rarely watch the T.V. shows.Well,at lt least it's the case for me.

Well, King Mark, would you be happy if they started to show all 3+2+7+7+7+1=27 (tos, tas, tng, ds9, voy, ent) seasons of Star Trek shows in the theatre, so you could catch up on your Trek lore??

Hmm...

eek2

I know I would!

It loks to much as if they had collaborated with the klingons.

Hector, you should try to catch the Original Series episode of Star Trek called "The Enterprise Incident".

I think Joe knows what I'm talking about.

Neil

You mean this one?

st111[1].jpeg

I had a model of that one. :)

Problem is,not everyone knows every bit of Star Trek trivia.so to me the ship looks good,but it looks like a Kligon Bird of Prey and it may confuse the casual fan

K.M..

But casual fans wouldn't know the difference between a Klingon, a Romulan, a Borg or William Shatner's toupee, anyway! :)