Jaws Father and Son, and Accidental tourist, Back With Sara

JoeinAR

Genius Gone Insane's post got me thinking, and I've always been facinated by the similarites between Jaws Father and Son, and Back with Sara, from Accidental tourist.

The similarites are amazing, without it being a repeat. Weird huh.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats too bad Marc, because its a beautiful score.

I cant believe you like this score, that can be as beautiful as it can, but its bassically a repetition of two themes (at least the OST), and at the same time trash complete recent Williams works.

I cant believe you like this score, that can be as beautiful as it can, but its bassically a repetition of two themes (at least the OST), and at the same time trash complete recent Williams works.

because I love the score Luke, and its a better score than Munich or Geisha. And sorry if you think its just two themes repeated. :roll:

because I love the score Luke, and its a better score than Munich or Geisha. And sorry if you think its just two themes repeated. :roll:

I agree. It's a beautiful, moody listen.

I saw the film on TV yesterday, the score is excellent... but not worth $200 or whatever I'd have to pay for it. It'll probably be reissued at some point, so I'll just wait for that.

I'm being amazed. This is the first thread (though there may one or two others) i recall from this score, and it seems to be a masterpiece.

One wonders how many Williams gems are never spoken about.

This score isn't discussed much because it doesn't have any big heroic fanfares I guess.

Or Boom tzzzz......

LOL

I don't know - people still pay high prices for The Witches of Eastwick original CD on eBay, despite the reissue. :spiny:

;) Cool. I'm happy now.

This score isn't discussed much because it doesn't have any big heroic fanfares I guess.

Or Boom tzzzz......

Sadly there's more truth to that statement than I'd care to admit.

The Accidental Tourist is a very lovely score and well worth seeking out.

Just re-heard the score, and i stand in my opinion.

One Main theme, and one secondary theme that includes the main one.

Several similar performances and some different and more 'solo' ones.

There is even one cue Joe sure skips (Bedroom Conversation) since it sounds likesomething from AI...

The main theme is beautiful but the score is not amongst Williams greatest.

Just re-heard the score, and i stand in my opinion.

One Main theme, and one secondary theme that includes the main one.

Several similar performances and some different and more 'solo' ones.

There is even one cue Joe sure skips (Bedroom Conversation) since it sounds likesomething from AI...

The main theme is beautiful but the score is not amongst Williams greatest.

see how wrong you are, typically,

Bedroom Conversations doesn't sound like A.I., now A.I. might sound like Bedroom conversations but since it was first....

see Luke, were both ageist, you support most current JW works, I support most older JW works, the problem is this, youth is your undoing, as John's 70's and 80's works are clearly superior to his 90's and 00's work. I win you lose, time to take the ball home.

John's 70's and 80's works are clearly superior to his 90's and 00's work.  I win you lose, time to take the ball home.

I don't agree with that statement at all.

Wow, it's like Mein Kampf with poor, poor spelling.

ok spelling nazi, what words have incorrect spelling, please.

The punctuation is a nightmare. And one is left wishing for more apostrophes when needed.

Hey, didn't you two become friends after both loving Superman Returns?

I'm sorry what alternative board have you been visiting?

The punctuation is a nightmare. And one is left wishing for more apostrophes when needed.

Hey, didn't you two become friends after both loving Superman Returns?

I'm sorry what alternative board have you been visiting?

so in otherwords you were wrong, you probably though you had me with ageist, since it can also be spelled agist, you didn't say anything about punctuation, so next time please be more correct.

also since this is the internet, we take liberties with such things,

I'm sorry if I don't endorse taking liberties with spelling and punctuation rules. A language is nothing more than a convention of rules, so if we start skipping those rules we no longer have a language. What is, after all, the difference between "liberty" from a rule and "ignorance" of that same rule? So if this is the Internet, we can forget talking properly? Then why bother talking properly on TV? It's just the idiot box, after all. Or in videogames. Or in summer blockbusters.

When you speak in English, Joe, you are not owning the language - you are using the language of Shakespeare, of Milton, of Wilde, and yes, even J.K. Rowling. So I suggest you show some respect to it. If you can't bring yourself to show respect for a language that is centuries old, at least show some respect to all the foreigners visiting this site and reading your posts, who don't speak English as their mother language - not only do they need good example to learn from english-speakers, but they are trying really hard to get it right and you are no better than them to think you are above the rules of the English language.

When you speak in English, Joe, you are not owning the language - you are using the language of Shakespeare, of Milton, of Wilde, and yes, even J.K. Rowling. So I suggest you show some respect to it. If you can't bring yourself to show respect for a language that is centuries old, at least show some respect to all the foreigners visiting this site and reading your posts, who don't speak English as their mother language - not only do they need good example to learn from english-speakers, but they are trying really hard to get it right and you are no better than them to think you are above the rules of the English language.

PHUCK YEEAAAHHH!

see how wrong you are, typically,

Bedroom Conversations doesn't sound like A.I., now A.I. might sound like Bedroom conversations but since it was first....

see Luke, were both ageist, you support most current JW works, I support most older JW works, the problem is this, youth is your undoing, as John's 70's and 80's works are clearly superior to his 90's and 00's work.  I win you lose, time to take the ball home.

S

Bedroom Conversations, doesn't sound like A.I., now A.I. might sound like Bedroom Conversations, but since it was the first.....

S youth is your undoing, as John's 70's and 80's works are clearly superior to his 90's and 00's work. I win you lose, time to take the ball home.

There Ross, I have corrected it as you required. I understand that you, as a foreigner, don't think you're a native any longer, and that you are too far removed from colloquial southern American english language and usage.

Understand this, our language has progressed far beyond Milton and Shakespear, it barely resembles their language. The english language in this country is more akin to King, and Grisham, Steele, and Roberts. Let the foreigners learn it themselves, they will get a better understanding of how its supposed to be gramatically, but at a site like this, they will get a better understanding of how it actually works.

The truth needs no sugarcoating.

You can't be suggesting that Sleepers, Seven Years In Tibet and The Patriot are better then Star Wars, Superman and Jaws?

Seven Years in Tibet is one of the best things JW has ever written, IMHO.