John Williams should write us some new music

pi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor dissonant enough - but I wish he would compose a theme for us - this is the first time I have found so many people as interested in Williams as myself - you guys should get your own Williams theme for sure!

Has anyone actually asked the Meastro??

I can't read music,is the theme  written on the paper already orchestrated by John Williams or did Jack Chappel make up the horn and bells?

K.M.

Perhaps this will give you some idea between the difference of a single line melody, and a full orchestral arrangement:

Original:

http://jwfc.oc.to/FCTheme.jpeg

Full Arrangement:

http://blog.jackchapple.com/st00f/Williams...Fan%20Theme.pdf

Turned the theme melody into a full orchestral arrangment...Great work.

But the thing is John Williams only wrote the melody and that's about it....right? Your arranged for the orchestra isn't really John Williams intention or original work..You just incorporate his theme.

But the thing is John Williams only wrote the melody and that's about it....right? Your arranged for the orchestra isn't really John Williams intention or original work..You just incorporate his theme.

Well he never claimed it was anything more than that. He simply orchestrated it with a Williams "sound" with progressions, orchestrations and rhythms the Maestro often uses.

It sounds fabulous in my opinion.

Yeah it really good. Hopefully John Williams will eventually write a new score for a new upcoming movie as soon as possible like a movie due to be out before Indy 4. This year is pretty boring without "new" music from John Williams.

I think Jack used the same orchestration as the Hedwig's Theme statement at the beginning of Mischief Managed.

k.M.

Well that certainly wasn't what I hand in mind. Listening to it, it doesn't really have the same sound either. I based the orchestration and harmony more on The Mission, The NBC Nightly News Theme.

I think Jack used the same orchestration as the Hedwig's Theme statement at the beginning of Mischief Managed.

k.M.

Well that certainly wasn't what I hand in mind. Listening to it, it doesn't really have the same sound either. I based the orchestration and harmony more on The Mission, The NBC Nightly News Theme.

Yes,it sounds like that.Too bad Williams didn't re-use this fan theme somewhere,it's Mission quality good.

K.M.

• 2 weeks later...