2 composers

scissorhands

Inside two months, we will listen to the Williams/Ross score of Harry Potter 2. I think it's a good moment to remember the other scores composed by two composers.

These are the ones I know:

Randy Edelman & Trevor Jones THE LAST OF THE MOHICANES

Michael Nyman & Damon Albarn RAVENOUS

Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard GLADIATOR

Bernard Herrmann & Alfred Newman THE EGYPTIAN

Let's add more binomials.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Belly of an Architect (1987) - Glenn Branca & Wim Mertens

Battlestar Galactica (1978) - Stu Phillips & Glen A. Larson (also the exec producer)

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) - Goldsmith & Alexander Courage (actually, maybe this wouldn't count as Courage only scored a couple of small bits that Goldsmith didn't have the time to do, and anyway was uncredited)

How about a trinomial score:

Monster's Ball - although the music was credited to "Asche & Spencer", it was actually by three colloborating composers (not a band) - Chris Beaty, Thad Spencer, and Richard Werbowenko.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) - Goldsmith & Alexander Courage (actually, maybe this wouldn't count as Courage only scored a couple of small bits that Goldsmith didn't have the time to do, and anyway was uncredited)

But from what I've read, Fred Steiner contributed some complete cues to the score.

this one probably doesn't count but, Howard Shore and Enya, for Fellowship of the Ring?

Sure Enya didn't do as much as Shore, but she did do the Theme for Aragorn and Arwin, if that counts

this one probably doesn't count but, Howard Shore and Enya, for Fellowship of the Ring?

Sure Enya didn't do as much as Shore, but she did do the Theme for Aragorn and Arwin, if that counts

It should count

And the much-vaunted Mulan owes much to Matthew Wilder's melodic gifts (in the actual score, not just the songs), although Goldsmith fans invariably overlook his contributions.

The Color Purple is probably the only score I can think of right now with nearly 10 different composers, there are probably others that have gone un-credited! Especially throughout the Golden Age with the famed studio music departments.

The Zimmer team rarely compose by themselves. Even when Zimmer is soley credited as composer, invariably there are at least one or two cues that are composed by a colleague. 'Hannibal' is a good example, the highlight of that score was the Operatic cue by Patrick Cassidy.

What about orchestrators?! Michael Kamen's 'Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves' had about 15 I seem to recall, mad!

The Egyptian, Alfred Newman and Bernard Herrmann. Now, in those days it was like having Williams & Goldsmith or Morricone and Horner working on the same score!

The Egyptian, Alfred Newman and Bernard Herrmann. Now, in those days it was like having Williams & Goldsmith or Morricone and Horner working on the same score!

Hey, Morn, you should read all the posts before writing yours. I did mention The Egyptian. :music:

Williams and Goldsmith working on the same score.......that would be one of the best scores.....

Williams and Goldsmith working on the same score.......that would be one of the best scores.....

That would be interesting, but not to hearthe finished product.

I bet the composing and recording sessions would be like getting Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston together to sing "When You Believe" from "The Prince of Egypt."

Who does the conducting? How much music does each compose?

Oh, the possibilities.

Hey, Morn, you should read all the posts before writing yours. I did mention The Egyptian. :P

Why do you say that?