From Reeves to Reeves - Superman Casting

ocelot

There's major talk about town that Keanu Reeves is set to play Superman. Can this be true? Talk about a different Superman, man!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw The Matrix, I couldn't help be but reminded of Superman - The Movie when Keanu Reeves climbed out of the window of the office building.

When he does that jump from one roof to the next during the chase at the beginning of the movie, Don Davis has a little ostinato in the music that might be a little reference to the Superman score.

Marian - who thinks Keanu Reeves is a REALLY bad actor.

He can be a very good actor, but it really depends on the script, role and director.

He's not like Connery, an actor he can be great even in a poor film.

Stefancos- who thought Reeves was effective in Speed, Parenthood and I Love You to Death.

Anyone else seeing a trend:

Original TV serials: Superman played by George Reeves

Superman movies 1-4: Superman played by Chris Reeves

Superman movie 5: Superman played by Keanu Reeves

The only Supes I've seen that wasn't played by a Reeves is the one in "Lois and Clark".

What's going on here? :) Is this a coincidence or do the Supes producers see Keanu as having another benefit that few others do? :angry:

Ok guys

it

CHRISTOPHER

REEVE

not Reeves.

Drop the S.

He uses that for SUPERMAN.

the only thing super about Keanu is he is superWHOA

Hmm, odd, Joe seems to have some complex about names being proper.

Anyway, I like Keanu Reeves and I think he could make an interesting Superman. :baaa:

Don't get too attached to the idea Morn, the rumor has seemingly just been debunked. Superhero Hype, has just posted news claiming Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) has been confirmed to direct, straight from the horses mouth, on the press junket for Red Dragon. He denies the Keanu Reeves rumor, but also states that Anthony Hopkins is interested in playing Superman's Kryptonian father, Jor-El.

Sure, as long as I'm not on the receiving end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate pain! Much prefer things like :baaa: or :baaa: but mostly I LOVE censored !!!

"Christopher Reeve...Drop the S."

I was wondering about that; I thought that one of the past Supes was named 'Reeve' and not 'Reeves', but I thought that the one without the S was the TV one. I guess I was backwards.

Keanu's good at playing morons. Nothing more, nothing less. Point Break is fun, but one need only remember his "I am an FBI agent!" line to realize how bad he truly is.

He's an average actor, at best. Superman CANNOT be played by an average actor on a movie. TV, okay, fine, but not a movie.

Hmm, odd, Joe seems to have some complex about names being proper.

Mern, I feel it is a sign of respect to get someones name right. :baaa: