New Superman movie director confirmed

Ricard

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I wonder who's going to do the music.  :baaa:  

~Harry

William Ross, Don Davis, Joel McNeely... John Williams followers...

mmm... how would john williams do it? he would use the same themes?

Anyways it is not Superman 5, it is Superman I again, isnt it? so Williams music should not be used (a shame :baaa: )

Lalo Schifrin did three movies for Ratner, which were Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, and Money Talks.

Whoever does the music, I think it should be by Johnny. Who wants to have two high profile Superman themes? I certainly don't.

He isn't busy in the next couple years, so this movie could fit in his schedule. Although, he may pretend he's busy like he did for The Hulk. :baaa:

~Harry

Oh, Lalo, yes!!!!!!!

I preferred the Tim Burton project......but it was cancelled.

And next we will have Petersen's Batman Vs. Superman.

How many Supermans!!!

scissorhands - who does NOT want a new Williams Superman score

Lalo Schifrin did three movies for Ratner, which were Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, and Money Talks.

I know. But if you are familiar with Schifrin's style, you'll see that Superman is not exactly his type of score.

If Williams doesn't do it (and I'm sure he won't, he's done his Superman score let someone else have a shot), why not David Arnold? The Musketeer already sounds like it anyway. :baaa:

Neil

Since no one else says it, Ricard, thank you for the link. :baaa:

-ROSS, more interested in the Smallville news, since he's recently discovered this really good new show.

Ain't official until WB announces it. Relying on Latino Review doesn't exactly sit well with me on this news tidbit.

While it IS more than likely true, and I hope to Christ it is true, since McG would be off, it just isn't true right now. For me, anyway.

While all the composers named so far would score the film well, I would most like to see either Lalo or Elfman do it personally. But that's just me.

Maybe ocelot should score it :baaa:

I know. But if you are familiar with Schifrin's style, you'll see that Superman is not exactly his type of score.

I know, I was just pointing that out. :baaa:

If Williams doesn't do it (and I'm sure he won't, he's done his Superman score let someone else have a shot), why not David Arnold?

Yeah! I can't argue that one!

~Harry :baaa:

Although seriously... Not Elfman. I mean he gave us a theme for Batman and then Spiderman sort of was a mish mash of sound, no real theme, I wouldn;t want that for Superman too. Xmen dont have a theme either... WHATS UP WITH THAT?!

If J.J. Abrams has anything to say about it (since he is the writer) maybe he'll ask Ratner to consider Michael Giacchino for the job...?

Erik - One big Giacchino supporter!

Although seriously... Not Elfman.  I mean he gave us a theme for Batman and then Spiderman sort of was a mish mash of sound, no real theme, I wouldn;t want that for Superman too.  Xmen dont have a theme either... WHATS UP WITH THAT?!

It's no more of a theme than Batman I think. Just not shouted out as much.

Can anyone create a new theme for Jaws??

How about for Star Wars??

E.T. or Raiders??

Absolutely none of the above.

Hence, if Ratner doesn't use Williams to reprise his role as Superman composer, and use his main theme, then already it will be a dismal failure. After all, all of us here know that there can't be a Jaws, E.T., Star Wars, nor Superman without the score. The score is not just there to make a movie pretty, but to give the movie its wings. No Williams, then Superman will not fly.

My gut seemed to tell me that if Williams is approached and his schedule permits, he will accept it, since he loved scoring the first one. I just hope that Ratner will not just concentratre on special effects, making it to be X-men type of movie, which is enjoyable, but it doesn't linger in your soul. Unlike Superman, who's music we all revere to this day, more than 20 years later.

Brett, if you're reading this, go after Williams, and beg him. Get on your knees!! You won't ever, EVER, regret it!!!

Don't be funny and try Elfman or Schifrin. Don't concentrate on a Superman special effects, action film, because that's too cartoony. Soul, need to have soul, and Williams music has soul. He's a white man with a black soul!

You dig me, man???

and then Spiderman sort of was a mish mash of sound, no real theme!

I don't agree,the main titles for spiderman are pretty good.It's one of the rare non-Williams soundtracks I bought in a looooong time.

K.M.