March Of The Droids remix

ChuckM

One of the best cues (IMHO) in the Star Wars Prequels is the "Droid Theme." Unfortunately, it never really appears as a full piece, but as 45~60 second segments. So, I made my own piece out of those segments.

The Primary pieces used were: The Droid Invasion, The Giant Squid And The Attack On Theed, and Activate The Droids. I also used a little from the end of Queen Amidala Warns The Federation. (Those are all from the Episode I two-disc full score). Then, for the ending, I used the Imperial March (from Episode V).

Anywho, PM me for the link.

I should mention, the Ending currently sounds really awkward, and if anyone has a suggestion for a better piece than Imperial March to borrow the ending from, please share. Any ideas are welcome.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good form, Chuck. This is one of my favorite themes from the Prequels, and I'm glad that it finally has gotten the suite treatment.

Thanks! ;)

I think I sent it to everyone who asked, but if I somehow missed someone, be sure to remind me.

richuk: I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Let me know when you empty something out.

Thanks to a suggestion by King Mark, I added a better beginning (from Bounty Hunter's Pursuit). (The original link now leads to the new version, so you can just re-download it.) Now I just need a better ending. Any ideas? Anyone?

I had been trying that, but the problem is that it just sort of fades out instead of having a more dramatic ending.

BTW, I don't particularly care if the piece to use the ending from is Star Wars. It just has to be John Williams (and hopefully fit a little better than the current ending).

I used the officially released version. The one with a blue Darth Maul on the cover. But sure, I'll take a link to your version. :)

I had been trying that, but the problem is that it just sort of fades out instead of having a more dramatic ending.

BTW, I don't particularly care if the piece to use the ending from is Star Wars. It just has to be John Williams (and hopefully fit a little better than the current ending).

Don't you think it would sound a little odd if it wasn't from Star Wars?

Possibly, but it's not like I want a whole other section to end the piece with. I just need a two to four note section to end it with a bang.

Possibly, but it's not like I want a whole other section to end the piece with. I just need a two to four note section to end it with a bang.

Would anything from the finale of "The Droid Battle" (from the OST) work?

Would anything from the finale of "The Droid Battle" (from the OST) work?

Good idea. That very well may work. I've got to run to class right now, but I'll give that a shot later when I get back.

Awesome suggestion Goldsmithfan! that worked MUCH better than Imperial March. I'll upload the results as soon as Sitesled (my webhoster) comes back online, as it would seem to not be on right now.

So now the pieces used are:

(From Episode II OST):

Bounty Hunter's Pursuit (last half)

(From Episode I Ultimate Edition):

Queen Amidala Warns The Federation (last few seconds)

The Droid Invasion (nearly all)

The Giant Squid And The Attack On Theed (last half)

Activate The Droids (nearly all)

(From Episode I OST):

The Sith spacecraft and The Droid Battle (last few seconds)

The piece comes to exactly 2:40.

Hopefully Sitesled will be back online soon. If anyone is real desperate to have it now, PM me your email, otherwise you'll just have to wait a little. :(

All right. Sitesled is finally back up, and the version of the piece with the better ending has been uploaded. The same link still works to download it.

Thanks! :blink:

Well, Sitesled is down again. It seems to be on at around 12:00 PM ~ 10:00 AM and off the rest of the time. So, try during those times if you want to grab it. Although I'm really hoping that Sitesled will just come fully back online soon.