Silver Surfer Theme by John Ottman

Jarbas

I listened Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer audioclips and I found Silver Surfer Theme, without puns, fantastic!!!!.

For me it´s a memorable theme for a super-hero! Very dramatic and superb!

Did anybody already hear this new John Ottman score? Give your opinions!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver Surfer Theme, without puns, fantastic!!!!.

For me it´s a memorable theme for a super-hero! Very dramatic and superb!

I may have been misguided by the trailers, but... isnt the silver surfer this movie's villain?

Silver Surfer is really a superhero. His first appearance was in the Fantastic Four comic book, where he comes to prepare the Earth for your destruction by the hands of Galactus, that needs to consume the energy of whole planets to survive. Eventually, he riots against your master and he turns back the good person that was previously. Actually, he became Galactus herald to save your own planet of the destruction.

Excuse for me to have revealed the plot of the film.

Jarbas, a former comic book geek! :cool:

The theme is alright, but not that great. The Fantastic Four theme was better. I think this one is derived from it or something, though. They fit together quite nicely.

But it's the usual John Ottman "everybody's in" kind of writing that I find rather tiring to listen. It's very nice that there's someone doing these big orchestral scores with leitmotifs and everything - Ottman's intent is certainly right - but I just don't find his style for it that pleasing. I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in the movie, though. Seems like a smaller score, too. I'll have to check that one out at some point.

I actually considered buying the score after seeing the film this afternoon

The theme is alright, but not that great. The Fantastic Four theme was better. I think this one is derived from it or something, though.

The FF Theme sounds like it's derived from Goldsmith's Congo theme.

I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in the movie, though. Seems like a smaller score, too. I'll have to check that one out at some point.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was hardly noticable in the film, I really missed Michael Kamen when I watched that film.

After seeing the film (which blows), I have to say that the score is certainly acceptable. I don't feel an urge to buy it, but I don't have any real complaints about it.

The theme is alright, but not that great. The Fantastic Four theme was better. I think this one is derived from it or something, though.

The FF Theme sounds like it's derived from Goldsmith's Congo theme.

Which reminds me - I need to get Congo.

I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in the movie, though. Seems like a smaller score, too. I'll have to check that one out at some point.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was hardly noticable in the film, I really missed Michael Kamen when I watched that film.

It did take me a few times to take notice of the score in the film, but I rather enjoy it.

And since when are you telling me I don't need new Goldsmith? :blink:

All the more significant when I tell you that you don't really need this one.

As you said the theme is good, very good even, but the rest of it is just a bit too....Almere.