NY Phil Open Rehersal

I was just browsing the NY Philharmonic website trying to see if they updated the program (which they didnt) and I noticed that he is doing an open rehersal Sept 14th (Friday) at 9:45. What are open rehersals exactly?

My mom just got off the phone with the Philharmonic, tickets aren't on sale yet and the person said to check back next month. The tickets are 16 dollars.

Is anyone planning on going?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just browsing the NY Philharmonic website trying to see if they updated the program (which they didnt) and I noticed that he is doing an open rehersal Sept 14th (Friday) at 9:45. What are open rehersals exactly?

My mom just got off the phone with the Philharmonic, tickets aren't on sale yet and the person said to check back next month. The tickets are 16 dollars.

Is anyone planning on going?

Im thinking about it going... What seats did you end up getting? Did the ticket sales agent say how the open rehersal worked? (As in assigned seats or general open seating on a first come basis?)

I'm skipping school to go see it. The fact that a sophmore is going to see a classical music concert will make my teachers jump for joy (or it may be the fact of having a Meghan-free day).

I'm skipping school to go see it. The fact that a sophmore is going to see a classical music concert will make my teachers jump for joy (or it may be the fact of having a Meghan-free day).

Haha that would work if I didn't have to skip K-8 Practicum to see it.

And for the record, I've skipped school before and I have never become pregnant.

Thanks for the heads up. I had totally overlooked the open rehearsal. :D

I just stopped by the box office and was told that tickets would go on sale August 26 and as I was stepping outside...

SANY0164.JPG

I went to an open rehearsal in London in 1998 and it was fascinating experience.

But there were some absolute idiots sitting behing me who kept clapping at the end of each piece.

Williams got really annoyed and had to say something like, "Could you keep it down, we are trying to work here"

He had given them a few dirty looks before hand, but they were just utterly clueless.

Ha, was that anyone here? They seemed like pretty hard core fans, and complete retards as well

Anyway, enjoy the show!

Thanks for the heads up. I had totally overlooked the open rehearsal. :lol:

I just stopped by the box office and was told that tickets would go on sale August 26 and as I was stepping outside...

Great Poster!!!

Did you purchase regular tickets?

Errr all 3 concerts... :lol:

Now thats the way to go!

on the website and the billboard it just says Memoirs and Harry Potter, is that all he's doing (minus encores)?

Errr all 3 concerts... :mrgreen:

Now thats the way to go!

Thats definitely the way to do it...

Are you pleased with your seats? Did you get a chance to vary it up a bit each night? What did you get?

:mrgreen: Hell yeah! Going to open rehearsals are for the hardcore Williams fan. Go and be blown away! F(*(*(^&&^Cckin loved Williams rehearsing Heartwood and would give a liver to see it again.

• 2 weeks later...

About time too. I find it incredibly ironic he's doing Fiddler because I'm in a production of that at the local JCC (Jewish Community Center *I'm not Jewish*).

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, I didn't get that. They send me everything in the world BUT that ;) typical. Hopefully, I will get that in the mail it will go on my wall next to my Williams autograph. :)

The concert. I assume it's a dress pants/tie occassion?

If I pay for a concert, I expect to wear whatever the hell I want!

I've been to concerts were people were dressed in shorts and fanboy T-shirts. And even as Elven and Orcs!

I'm a jeans and polo t-shirt guy, but I figured this is probably a fancy enough occasion. I'll probably wear the outfit that I wore to the NJ Music Educator's convention last february, I got a lot of compliments on that outfit. :)