Isolated music track on FOTR 4 disk set

stewdog1

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the final specs for the 4 disk set are here:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

I didn't realize before that the there is an isolated music score. This is even better knowing that there are an additonal 30 minutes added.

Does anyone know if they are coming out with a complete soundtrack?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't say that any better myself, Marian.

Except, of course, with more bandwith-hogging jawdroppings:

eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2

(it'd sure be nice to be able to put a delay in those, so their jaws drop one after another, rather than all at once.)

Hehe.

Man, an isolated score to a 3.5 hour film? Looks like I gotta brush up on my audio cut and paste skills to make an ultimate three disc soundtrack set. I'm as giddy as a schoolboy waiting for that DVD set; I've actually held off buying the August two-disc release until it drops in price after the four-disc comes out.

In this is true, that I supose I won't buy an eventula full score release of FOTR.

400th post, BTW. :(:angry:ROTFLMAO :cool: :joke:

And a new avatar to mark the ocasion.

It's not true. TheDigitalBits have the final official confirmation from Newline. Seems that they originally intended to include the tracks, but then dropped them because there wasn't enough bandwidth left for good video quality. The worst thing about it is, that's the right thing to do. :thumbup: (But why couldn't they have dropped the Dolby Surround track instead?? A DD track should be enough for everyone who doesn't have DTS, and a stereo mix of the music would fit nicely instead of the DS track...)

Marian - bummer. :)

I just read that a little bit ago and was going to amend my post.

This just sucks! I was really looking forward to this. Hopefully they will come out with a complete soundtrack instead. It may be the first ever 3 disc complete album ever made if they do it.

• 1 month later...

I just got the four disc set and it is excellent. I realize that this is old news, but whatever.... I also made my first successful dvd rip (of the end credits and fan credits medley). Nice! Too bad the isolated score was dropped -- I really want all of that Hobbit music!

There's another great cue you can rip, though it's a bit more difficult: The original Journey to Rivendell (my cue title) can be heard in its entirety (less than a minute) over the music/sfx menu on the 4th disc. :| One of my favourite cues.

Depends on how you ripped the other piece. :P I used SmartRipper, but it took me several hours to find the file containing the menus. I can send you the ripped cue though if you like.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the music works fine with the film (except for that horrible pedantic 5 year old composition for when Gandalf gets to The Shire) but on CD it just is NOT listenable, none of it!

Well I think it is great in the film & on the cd (esp. the 2nd half of the cd). I hope and expect that we will eventually get the full score to all three films.

BTW, my wife gave me the EE dvd set and I just watched the short on the music for the film. I thought it was odd that they profiled the boys choir that is heard on the cd yet cut from the film.

Actually, the boys choir plays an integral part of the Rings "voice" during the film and then the piece "In Dreams" is featured during the end credits, and heard on the CD release in the track "The Breaking of the Fellowship".

I myself own a copy of the "Special Extended DVD", and have also recorded alot of music of the end credits and most the menus. I think the music on the Twin Towers Trailer (an easter eg on the second DVD) is unreleased as well, and has very lettle sound effects.

Hope they come out with an entire release some day.

MattyBoy (figuring out how to become a member)

The Two Towers easter egg trailer starts with the music from when Gandalf "risks a little more light" in Moria. That cue is on the CD. I think the rest of the music in that trailer is on the CD as well. 8O

Marian - who adores Ian McKellen's voiceover in that trailer.

:angry: Star Trek: Nemesis (Jerry Goldsmith)

• 3 weeks later...