• Wailing woman in ROTS
    • Lapti nek
    • The Disco version of CE3K
    • Other

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music is one of the most embarrassing pieces written for a Star Wars film.

Thank goodness it wasn't Williams who wrote it.

Both musical acts are embarrasing.

Anyway I prefer the williams music but i prefer the new visuals. (sorry, the old sly noodles (or whatever) was utter crap as marionettes go..)

If only Williams had scored the new scene or Lucas used lapti nek for it....

But...but...the CGI aliens look like crap?Also in the original version of ROTJ the scene is played more as background for the main story of that part of the film.In the SE the whole film grinds to a halt so we can enjoy the music and dance act, which is fine in a Mel Brooks film...but it's just not Star Wars!

but it's just not Star Wars!

Star Wars (1977) is not Star Wars. Jedi Rocks, Jar Jar Binks and swordmaster Yoda are.

It's a quantity vs. quantity issue.

I´m very much with Mr.Cosman on this. "Lapti Nek" was simply part of the environment, and worked fine for what it was, as did the old marionettes (the CGI creatures certainly don´t look more realistic, but merely cartoonish).

On a totally unrelated note, I once, as a very young boy in the early 80´s, drew a picture of a crying ewok as a banner used in a rally in the neighborhood where I grew up. A young girl had been run over by a car, and we demanded speed bumps. Nothing could say that more poignantly, to me as a 7-year old, than a crying ewok...

I wonder if any of the CGI creatures could be put to a similar use? (Somehow, I find it hard to care about computer animated beings)

I´m very much with Mr.Cosman on this. "Lapti Nek" was simply part of the environment, and worked fine for what it was, as did the old marionettes (the CGI creatures certainly don´t look more realistic, but merely cartoonish).

On a totally unrelated note, I once, as a very young boy in the early 80´s, drew a picture of a crying ewok as a banner used in a rally in the neighborhood where I grew up. A young girl had been run over by a car, and we demanded speed bumps. Nothing could say that more poignantly, to me as a 7-year old, than a crying ewok...

I wonder if any of the CGI creatures could be put to a similar use? (Somehow, I find it hard to care about computer animated beings)

I thought nobody cared about the Ewoks, even back in 1983...

I'm mostly an SE guy
I didn't see that one coming.

I thought he seemed too nice and perfect in person..... ;)

I thought nobody cared about the Ewoks, even back in 1983...

I sure as hell didn't.

I'm mostly an SE guy
I didn't see that one coming.

I thought he seemed too nice and perfect in person..... ;)

;)

I thought I had made that pretty clear in the past, but that was a while ago and I've long since given up these endless, circular Star Wars debates. Now if only I can do that with CoS...