LOTR v.s. Potter

indy4

Which trilogy has better scores?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which has the better scores?

• The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Composed by Howard Shore
    • The First Three of the Harry Potter Saga (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) - Composed by John Williams

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find disturbing,in a JW forum,is that a vote for LotR is a vote against some of Williams best music.

K.M.

I'm beginning to feel not at home here. I think this is an insult to JW on his own Fan forum. I also don't get it, LotR may be good, but anyone can hear the music is not as advanced, complex, entertaining, sophisticated and effective as is Williams'. Are people voting for LotR just to make it a close call?

I have to agree with you. As much as I like the LOTR trilogy I can't help but hear the advance writting of williams and be driven to the right conclusion that Williams' Harry Potter 'Trilogy' is far better musically that LOTR. Agreed there are some awesome choral moments but this is where the whole thing ends. The orchestral music as good as it is cannot compete with Willams' music.Period.

Sorry but I can't agree anything you said that. It's typical fanboy talk.

'be driven to the right conclusion that Williams' Harry Potter 'Trilogy' is far better musically that LOTR'

it's just like someone on this board to say that - to state that it's 'far better musically' without any real reasoning.

The proof is in the score, Superior melodic content, counterpoint, harmonic complexity, rythmical complexity. Do you need more proof?

If I was a total narrow minded fanboy I wouldn't have other awesome composers in my vinyl and CD collection. Please stop labeling anybody who defenses Williams' music 'a fanboy' OK? I truly believe what I said from a musician's point of view first and foremost.

I actually love the music for the LOTR trilogy. Especially the first film is completely captivating to me at least.

But as great as Howard Shore is he just doesn't compare to Williams' skills.

Exactly my thought, you only put it more...diplomatically than me :wave: