Rank the top 5 Amazing Stories episodes

Eric_JWFAN

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, not the response I was looking for. I thought they were great.. then again I was 11 when I saw them.

I just got the complete 1st season on DVD, and this will be the first time I see them since. So I imagine my opinion of them will change.

I used to watch the series when it first aired but I don't remember too much about the episodes.

I had to go back to my CDs to recall some of the episodes.

The Mission was ok, there was the creepy one called The Amazing Falsworth, Dorothy and Ben was another plus it features a very touching score by Georges Delerue.

There was one with Mark Hamill that I liked and Boo! had some fun moments.

The music was the main thing that stood out on the show. So many great/good composers involved and some very good music was composed.

I love the whole series (or at least all the ones I've seen). Some particularly good ones are The Mission, Alamo Joe, Family Dog, Come to the Head of the Class, and the black and white WW2 one (can't remember the name).

The Mission is a terrific episode, but not quite as good as Message from Charity, (which was a Twilight Zone episode actually)

sorry I was just thinking of great 80's tv episodes from anthology series

Has anyone seen the episode Mirror Mirror? I just watched it last night, and there was a tiny editing mistake that almost made me cough up my diet coke, and I don't know how it made it past the editing room to broadcast television. Anyone know what I am referring to?

Has anyone seen the episode Mirror Mirror? I just watched it last night, and there was a tiny editing mistake that almost made me cough up my diet coke, and I don't know how it made it past the editing room to broadcast television. Anyone know what I am referring to?

Okay well here it is... At 5:54 we see Sam Waterston's character relaxing in a bubble bath when he is startled by a sudden noise outside. He quickly turns to the side to see where the noise came from. Only one problem, his sudden jolt makes the bath water rock from side to side and at 5:57 we get a brief but pretty clear view of his.... manhood.

Somehow it got passed all the editors as well as the great Martin Scorsese and made it to NBC Primetime. I can't be the only one who noticed this.