Hillary Clinton TV ad

jom

I'm a newbie to these forums, so forgive me if this has already been asked...

Did I hear a quote from JW's Liberty Fanfare used in Hillary Clinton's recent "It's 3 AM" TV campaign ad?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a newbie to these forums, so forgive me if this has already been asked...

Did I hear a quote from JW's Liberty Fanfare used in Hillary Clinton's recent "It's 3 AM" TV campaign ad?

Don't you mean the Olympic Fanfare and Theme?

EXACTLY right, Miguel! I've performed both (in the trumpet section) and got them confused... my bad.

So do you know if that was a quote from JW's music, and do composers get paid for what appear to be quotes like those? I was just curious about this. I didn't know the minimum length at which a "quote" like this becomes actionable.

I don't know if this is an intentional quote... but i noticed that one as soon as I heard it...

If it is an intentional quote, then the composer is likelly to receive something.

Plus I do believe that JW is an active supporter of the Democratic Party - so maybe he allowed it to be used.

I know the Spielbergs are big Clinton fans--there was a picture of them with the Clintons in Leah Adlers' (Spielberg's mother) restaurant. And I read in an article that they were endorsing Hillary. And JW played at the Democratic National Convention once, so I think it's more than possible.

There's nothing on this earth sexier, believe me gentleman, than a woman you have to salute in the morning.

And you know this how? :)

Of vastly greater importance than Hilary: bring back your Superboobs Avatar dammit!!!! :D