Winners of the World Soundtrack Award

One thing that the HP did perfectly was the casting. It was absolutlyu flawless. From the child actors to the adults. Flawless. Completlu coherent with the book.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say Emma Watson should have gotten an Oscar nominations.

But HP better than FOTR, acting-wise? Not in my book. HP had a truly great cast, but FOTR one of the best I've seen. :)

At least both films had better special effects than Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

The first Harry Potter film also had better acting, a better script, better music and much better pacing than AOTC and FOTR. So I'd say that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone still comes out on top, no matter what high tech gee gawd stuff these guys throw into their movies.

Nope, maybe pacing, just maybe. But FOTR had better acting (Gandalf, Bilbo anyone? :) ), better script and a much better story.

Morn, do you have stock in TTT or something? Geez...  

How is it more innovative for hundreds of characters to be programmed to fight different than AOTC's stuff? You just seem like you want LOTR to be so much better than anything else.

Firstly, it will have more objects on screen due to the fact that most of the fighting won't be by big machines, secondly it's harder to program people than it is for droids and clones.

Firstly, it will have more objects on screen

Ohhh, well, that settles it. It'll be a much better movie with much better FX because of that. Gotcha.

At least both films had better special effects than Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

The first Harry Potter film also had better acting, a better script, better music and much better pacing than AOTC and FOTR. So I'd say that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone still comes out on top, no matter what high tech gee gawd stuff these guys throw into their movies.

Nope, maybe pacing, just maybe. But FOTR had better acting (Gandalf, Bilbo anyone? :mrgreen: ), better script and a much better story.

FOTR's story was so dull and episodic and un-important, that you could literally take one of the adventures out of the movie and plug it into another section and it would not affect the film in anyway. There was no character development, and the story didn't build on what happened earlier.

Neil

Character developement isn't a necessity, though it is nice. But the character interactions and the characters themselves are brilliant.

Though the 2nd part is not strickly true, it's a journey, what do you expect. But the whole set up of the ring and sauron is extremely interesting and brilliant.

STaefan i didn't spaeked of the balrog

:?

Steffy, can I call you Staefan from now on? Seriously.

-ROSS, with thinks that quote looks like Latin

I still think HP had better cast and acting than FOTR. Both were very good in that department, but HP was better. Anyone else thinks Elijah Wood was a bad choice for Frodo?

STaefan i didn't spaeked of the balrog

:?

Steffy, can I call you Staefan from now on? Seriously.

-ROSS, with thinks that quote looks like Latin

I apologize. But you understood it anyways. SO STOP BEING A PAIN IN THE NECK! :mrgreen:

Marian:

Ok there was no plains (but i hope you know what scene it is - from the trailer)

007prologue.jpg

Gungan horn: moooooooooo

008aprologue.jpg

Is that an army or some goo? (OK it is very far- but then, expect that from TTT, if 10000 people are going to be in scene)

012aprologue.jpg

Look at the detailed army. (Yes of course, the 15 REAL people that are in close up.

And these pic does not show what i really wanted to see