57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this score?

• 5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

What with all this poodoo about this score being too loud?? Would you rather scores mixed down and dialed out?

I love a loud score.

In the movie, it's one thing. On the CD, it peaks very early. Doesn't pace itself. And for a score that doesn't pace itself, it is not varied enough to hold my interest for too long.

To me that means it starts out strong and never lets up. And the complete score does have a quieter section, from the arrival at Area 51 to the attempted nuclear attack is a series of more subdued and suspenseful cues.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good fun as long as you don't think about it too much. The initial attack is probably the most impressive part of the whole movie, it's very well done on all levels. At least until that act break with the dog...

I hated the film.

Oh come on, just don't take it seriously. Besides, it's got Goldbloom.

This score is another perfect example, as was Krull, of a 4/5 star score. Two of the themes were very good, one of them leading into a very nice string movement that's pure bliss when it hits the screen at the end of the movie. However, the underscore is pretty dry, and it feels like Arnold pushes the brass too much at times, and it all gets annoying. Solid flick, better score.

If that is your taste then cool, but I've personally never been a fan of a noisy din, be it music or a shelf of pots and plates crashing to the floor.

Great score. I gave it a 4 though because it's not superb and the Maestro could have written a better score in his sleep (this is true of most non-williams scores).

Yes of course..... :blink:

Indeed!

I really hope this is the 3-disc 'big one' Lalaland has coming up in the summer...

According to LaLaLand's post over at FSM it will be announced June 3rd.

I also though it might be ID4.